Nissan Forum banner

Noise at 1800 - 3400 rpm's

2K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  jayman281 
#1 · (Edited)
Well folks i'm new to the Spec V. I bought the car last month from a girl who appeared to maintain the car well. My problem started yeasterday-purchased the car 2002 spec v with 32k on her and a aem intake relocated behind the driver front wheel as well as a stainless steel header. All work looked like it was compleated cleanly and the car ran great. 2k later it starts to make a ticking noise coming from the passanger side of the engine, i pull over to find she is 2 quarts low on oil (does not leak a drop). I put the oil in and head over to have it changed but the ticking is still there (louder under a load) starts around 1800 and goes to 3400. At idle it is not that loud but while moving it comes on loud right at about 2500 rpm's in every gear. If im cruising at 60 in 6th there is no noise but drop it into 5th and apply light pressure to the pedal and it's back if i stomp on it there is no noise. Any clue what i could be missing here. Thanks guys

I'll assume i'll need to bring it somewhere so any suggustion on a good nissan shop on Long Island

Discussion starter · #2 ·
Here is a picture of where the noise is coming from. It almost sounds like a marble in a tin can. See arrows There is also some writing on the case that says NC.
[/URL][/IMG]

(large arrow is where noise is and the small arrow is the letters NC).

Discussion starter · #4 ·
Noise still ticking, Nissan told me it was normal after changing a coil and 1 injector and $780 later. I will drive this POS until it dies and replace the engine, also seems to drink about a quart of oil every 1k miles. Will need a place to do the change if anyone has any ideas let me know (in NY metro or long island area)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.