Nissan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hows it going, alright i have a 98 200sx and i did a motor swap on it. i put a 95 motor in my car but put evreything i needed to make it work on the new motor from the 98. ok well now i have no spark at all. i was talking to a guy and he said its called the ing. "Brain" is it maybe the ing. module? im not really sure what is called theses days. i tried evreyhting and dunno what else there is everything is new on the car, cap, rotor, wires plugs, distri., alty and i still have nothing i was wondering if that "Brain" could be the prob. why there is no spark coming from the distributor. i could really use ur help guys.

Thanks.

·
nissan??? whats that
280 Posts
99NissanAltimaRyder said:
Hows it going, alright i have a 98 200sx and i did a motor swap on it. i put a 95 motor in my car but put evreything i needed to make it work on the new motor from the 98. ok well now i have no spark at all. i was talking to a guy and he said its called the ing. "Brain" is it maybe the ing. module? im not really sure what is called theses days. i tried evreyhting and dunno what else there is everything is new on the car, cap, rotor, wires plugs, distri., alty and i still have nothing i was wondering if that "Brain" could be the prob. why there is no spark coming from the distributor. i could really use ur help guys.

Thanks.
well if i recall correctly the 1995 motor is OBD I and the 98 ECU (engine control unit) is OBD II so you need to find a 1995 ecu to make it work

·
Destroyer of worlds.
874 Posts
the ECU would be a cause of the car not working, but it only controls fuel mix(along with assorted other goodies)...but the ignition is all mechanical so the ECU would have nothing to do with not having a spark. i'm thinking maybe the coil went dead, just a thought.

·
Registered
574 Posts
slow200 said:
well if i recall correctly the 1995 motor is OBD I and the 98 ECU (engine control unit) is OBD II so you need to find a 1995 ecu to make it work
95s are OBDII. Are you sure he didnt mean IGN. short for ignition? If the motor is not grounded, it will crank but wont start.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok well ya my car is OBDII i even got a new ECM that didnt work. so i still cant figure out what would be the cause.... im so stumped any one have any ideas on what to check?

·
Destroyer of Engines
561 Posts
99NissanAltimaRyder said:
Ya i pulled the codes and its a P1320 i looked it up at my school to get more details and still am not getting anywhere.
Things I would check are, crank position sensor, camshaft position sensor and of course the distributor.
I recently had a similar problem that turned out to be 2 connectors were swaped. The crank position sensor and one of the distributor connectors are the same. Make sure the one going into the distributor has a green wire in it.

·
pay your rent!
601 Posts
which engine did you swap?

i've gone threw 4 ga16de distributers. may be its just a bad one.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts