Nissan Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My friend has got an 89 Maxima sohc 3.0 that won't start. I checked for spark and there is no spark at the coil. Does anyone know what I need to check next? What can I check that is before the coil? He doesn't have any manuals or anything on the car. He has like 200,000 miles on this thing. Is there a crank sensor on these? He said it was running fine, then came out to start it and nothing. It cranks but no start. T.I.A.

· Registered
796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I checked all the fuses. I was wondering if there is a relay that I can check. He doesn't have the cover for the relays, so I can't tell which is which. Where does the ecu get crank signal from? Is there a crank sensor? I know Nissan's use a lot of fusible links. Is there one on this curcuit, do you know? I am going to tech school right now and am going to see if I can take it to school to look at it. We have All Data on the computer at school but I don't know if it will give diagnostic procedure to check ecu. If you have any more info please let me know. Thank you very much for the help.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.