Nissan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I have a no fuel condition. I checked the voltage at the injector harness (2 pin) and have no voltage during cranking. I assumed the ECM was bad and replaced it. I still have the same problem, no fuel. I seem to have good fuel pressure going to the throttle body, and the injector was also replaced. I also have replaced the fuel filter along the fire wall. The engine will run as long as I pour fuel down the throttle body. My ignition system is fine. I have no idea where to go from here, I'm thinking an electrical problem maby a relay or something. Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.

·
Registered
2,376 Posts
First of all the ECM doesn't control power to the injectors so that rules that out. Your problem is going to be power to the injectors. Start from the begining...battery through the fuse block to relays and harness to the injector. somewhere somethign has broke/defected not allowing power to the injector

·
B12 Enthusiast
844 Posts
took a quick look in the FSM. Looks like injector wiring starts out at the battery (with a fusible link there) then passes through the resistor on the firewall, then goes to the injector. :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
astreamk1 said:
took a quick look in the FSM. Looks like injector wiring starts out at the battery (with a fusible link there) then passes through the resistor on the firewall, then goes to the injector. :)
Thanks for the great info, I'll get on it today. Is this module located above the 2 relays on the drivers side of the fire wall? Are the any testing procedures or should I just replace it? Thanks again

·
B12 Enthusiast
844 Posts
the resistor module is almost in the center of the firewall. has an aluminum looking cover on it. I didn't really see anything in the FSM about testing it in particular, but it looks to be just 2 wires. As it is a resistor, I would disconnect it and make sure you are getting continuity.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
astreamk1 said:
the resistor module is almost in the center of the firewall. has an aluminum looking cover on it. I didn't really see anything in the FSM about testing it in particular, but it looks to be just 2 wires. As it is a resistor, I would disconnect it and make sure you are getting continuity.
Problem Fixed! It was a corroded wire at the electrical connector near the positive battery post. Thank you all for the great advice.

John

1 - 10 of 10 Posts