Nissan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi there .. am hopein some1 on here can help.. cos i am all out of ideas..
i have a 91 300zx TT 2+2.. and it poped a turbo a few weeks back.. sourced myself a couple of t25/t28 hybrids to go on and booked it in to garage for them to be fitted.. 2 days b4 it was due to go in, i tried to start car and .. dead battery.. got a jump and it fired up .. so i took off battery and poped it on charge for about a day.. then after i hooked it back up again the problem appeared..
i have room light , head lights, clock, radio ect.. but absolutely no ignition dependant power.. no dash lights, no power windows ect even the fuel pump does not prime.. when the key is in on possition.. and when i try to start it it dims the clock and radio stops( everything comes back as soon as key back to on possition), and i get a single click from what appeares to be from behind the fuse panel in driver footwell.. have checked all fuses, fuseable links and relays i can find.. i have even checked all the earths i could get to.. everything seems fine..
at first i thought it might be imobalizer issue ( clifford concept 50 fitted) but that wouldn't explain the other systems not working
so please if u have any ideas no matter how outlandish lemme know as i am all out of ideas

·
Power FC Z32
2,147 Posts
Ecu diagnostics.
TTZs of Dallas

When you say you checked all fuses you are talking about the right side of the drivers foot panel? I still have a feeling it's one of your fusible links located next to the battery. You also might want to clean your battery terminal for a solid connection (sand paper, battery terminal brush)? This one sounds funny but it has proven it's self to be a culprit on a number of vehicles in my past.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
all fuses as in...

hey spongerider..
ya have checked all fuses in foot well and under hood.. by streering .. as is RHD .. and relays between battery and headlight on other side.. is there any inline fuses/links that i might have missed?? ..
will try cleaning up conections 2morro.. am still wondering if it might be alarm/imobaliser connected.. but will find that out as i think i will disconect/ bypass that just to rule it out..

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ya

everything seems in order apart from the fact power isn't getting through for stage 2/3.. have tried to trace it back but to no avail so far:(

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
finally

found the issue.. guess what it was alarm.. for some reason it was jammed in imobalise mode.. i disconected all wires to alarms brain and re conected wires to ignition and boom car works.. only problem now is alarm doesn't work lol.. think its time for a new 1.. it was stupidly easy to bypass.. 5 wires and some1 coulda been away with my Z.. not happy.. but least now it runs and garage can get on fitting my new turbos.. thx again for ya advice/help will keep u posted and update ya on power figures ect once its runnin with new turbos.. just out of interest.. how much boost would u say was safe to run on standard internals?? am thinkin 1bar??

1 - 9 of 9 Posts