Nissan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The instrument cluster and steering wheel controls on my 2013 Altima stopped working. The cluster is completely dark, no turn signal indicator and no lcd screen. Only the speedometer works though it's hard to read without a light. At the same time all of the controls on the steering wheel stopped working. No volume controls and no bluetooth phone controls.

I tried disconnecting the battery for a few hours, checked the fuses that seemed relevant and I've re-seated all the connectors to the BCM and instrument panel without success.

I'm thinking I need to replace the BCM, but was wondering if anyone had any other things to try first.

Thanks in advance.

·
Sup Mod keeping the peace
6,505 Posts
There's a fusible link box next to the battery. Check those with an ohmmeter. First make sure to disconnect the negative (-) terminal from the battery.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. I had already ordered a replacement BCM without realizing it would need to be dealer programmed. Try that, removed it and put my BCM back in. The dash still didn't work but at least the car was drivable. I schedule a trip to the dealer but the morning of my appointment the dash suddenly started working.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The cluster went dark again a few weeks ago. I took it to the dealer and they suggested replacing the whole instrument cluster for ~$1k. I bought a used one online and it fixed the problem. New topic, now my mileage is 0.0. Posting a new question on that.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts