Nissan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know if this is a bad thing to say around here but, I used to do a lot with hondas. Hondas like to rev high, they don't have much of anything below 4800 vtec or non-vtec. Now my 1996 Nissan 200sx SE 1.6 has more tq stock to stock and I like it. I opened it up for the first time today and it seemed like after 5500 or 6000 somewhere in there...it just fell off and didn't do much except the needle moved and I shifted at a little below the redline and I wasn't moving as quick as I thought I would be or was with my civic when I would mash it....is this normal? Something I should check on? It's all completely stock, all oem replacements after work was done....I know everything was done right because I know who did it...any help on this would be greatly appreciated...

·
Registered
44 Posts
The GA was pretty much tuned as an economy motor. Economy motors generally have low end grunt, but puke and die at the top end. The idea in the Sentra/200SX's case being that you'd buy the SE-R if you wanted the sporty verison with top end power and such.

I just put about 200 miles on my GA around nashville superspeedway (road course) and pretty much concur that the power drops off steeply above 5000 or so.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts