Nissan Forum banner

No heat!! I'm freezin!!!

1K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  cjserio 
#1 ·
89 HB with a z24. Blower works fine, controls work fine. But minimal heat output, and I can't really tell if the A/C works. I can't hear the compressor come on and the defrost works half ways. All fuses are OK. I am thinking the heater coil. Any thoughts?

#4 ·
I just had this exact same problem. I changed the thermostat and also the fan clutch. My fan clutch was rusted and wasn't moving so the fan was always engaged over-cooling the radiator.

Hopefully you bought a Nissan OEM thermostat. The off-brands supposedly have issues with overheating from what i've read.

Anway, with those two things changed, my gauge goes up to just under half way now and i get good heat. I have a KA24E engine though so my gauge may be different.

If NONE of those things are your problem, it may be a clogged heater core. When you replace your thermostat, flush out the cooling system real well with the heater knobs set to the highest temperature. I even bought a special coolant system flush to get all of the gunk out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.