Nissan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 99 sentra auto

For the longest time I have had an engine code for the TCC solenoid valve, and the light only seemed to come on during warmer days. Had if for about 7 months prior to this. Light on or not, while the car was cold, it would act strange in gear at low rpms, bogging down during acceleration sometimes, but mostly acting as if it was going to stall out, and actually would on occasion if I didn't shift into neutral, as I came to a stop. Very slowly got worse over a year. It would also do this if I stopped quickly after being heavy on the gas.
Last week, i was driving the car out of a long driveway, felt fine the whole way, and i turned right to accelerate down the main road. Pulled fine, then as i let off the gas, the car stalled. Shifted into neutral, cranked it, and got nothing. Tried again and it fired up, idles great (yippie..), and i have no reverse or any forward gears. Park is fine.
-The fluid is at normal color and level/ No fluid leaking
-The shift cable moves the transmission lever just fine
-No roughness or noise when the car stalled out and failed
I'm leaning towards a torque converter issue because of the prior engine code, and the fact that there's nothing but park. TC's can have silent deaths, right?
Someone please help me out, i'm going insane without my car. I love my nissan :(
Thanks in advance
-Darryl

·
Registered
2018 Nissan Pathfinder SL
4,244 Posts
well i am not an Auto fan and avoid them if at all possible, but it sounds like this is much more involved.
Loss fluid pressure to the clutches, ie pump failure, valve body failure and all sorts of other problems are possible.
I suggest you get it looked at, fluid pressure checked, and some sort of diagnosis.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've had it checked, and they said something or other about internal clutches and whatnot that are most likely the culprit, given my description. I'm just dropping a new one in, i'm sure that'll take care of it lol

1 - 4 of 4 Posts