Nissan Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1999 pathfinder 3.3. No crank, start or instrument warning lights. Ran fine when I went to store. Came out and nothing. I hear a relay clicking on fuse block under dash when I turn the key. All fuses good. Fusible link at battery good. No power to starter relay. Headlights, taillights, interior lights and chime all work. Battery is definitely good. I’m at a loss. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Admin and Sup Mod keeping the peace
7,949 Posts
Make sure both battery post connectors are clean of any oxidation and are tight. Also make sure the battery negative cable is secure at the engine ground side.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Make sure both battery post connectors are clean of any oxidation and are tight. Also make sure the battery negative cable is secure at the engine ground side.
Thanks Rogoman. Unfortunately, for me, that’s not the issue. All connections are good and clean

·
Admin and Sup Mod keeping the peace
7,949 Posts
With everything shut off, a battery should have a static charge of 12.3-12.8 volts; if the static charge is less then 12.3, the battery is no good. Have you had the battery load tested at an auto parts store?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
With everything shut off, a battery should have a static charge of 12.3-12.8 volts; if the static charge is less then 12.3, the battery is no good. Have you had the battery load tested at an auto parts store?
Yes sir the battery is definitely good. After more research, I’m starting to think maybe ignition switch. I’ll have to try and find time to test it today.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts