Nissan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2003 Sentra 2.5 LE. At times the car will not accelerate when it is in drive. The engine RPM indicator barely moves and the engine stays at idle. When I put the car into Neutral or Park the engine will rev. up, but when I put it back into Drive/1/2 it accelerates at 10 MPH and stays at idle speed. My dealer says they find nothing wrong and couldn't duplicate the problem. Lately it's gotten worse and now while driving at 30MPH it suddenly decellerates to 10MPH. Sometimes it will then jerk forward all of a sudden and return to normal speed, other times I need to Park the car and have gone back and forth from P/N/D and eventually it kicks in. I have another appointment with the dealer next week, but looking for advice it anyone else has had a similar problem.
Thanks

·
Not Anymore.
5,014 Posts
have you tried resetting the ECU by disconnecting the battery for 20 mins?

·
Registered
871 Posts
dennyhi said:
I have another appointment with the dealer next week, but looking for advice it anyone else has had a similar problem.
Thanks
My advise is to ride with the repair guy so that you can make sure he drives it. 1/2 the time they just put it in drive an roll at about 5mph to determine if the tranny works. Based on your problem I would say "look last time you gave it back saying nothing was wrong and it was still doing it, I want to take you for a ride so that I can show you what it does."

my $.02

·
Registered
101 Posts
my mom had the same problem with her ford taurus. i had it checked and i forgot what the mechanic called it. :dumbass:
i'll get back to you on that problem.
but yeah... take it in. :thumbup:

·
I miss good ol' OT
1,716 Posts
Are those not the symptoms of a blown MAF?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I owuld bring along a camcorder with me when I drive so that you can record what happens and let them see it, so that there is no missunderstanding in the problem.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2003 Sentra 2.5 LE. At times the car will not accelerate when it is in drive. The engine RPM indicator barely moves and the engine stays at idle. When I put the car into Neutral or Park the engine will rev. up, but when I put it back into Drive/1/2 it accelerates at 10 MPH and stays at idle speed. My dealer says they find nothing wrong and couldn't duplicate the problem. Lately it's gotten worse and now while driving at 30MPH it suddenly decellerates to 10MPH. Sometimes it will then jerk forward all of a sudden and return to normal speed, other times I need to Park the car and have gone back and forth from P/N/D and eventually it kicks in. I have another appointment with the dealer next week, but looking for advice it anyone else has had a similar problem.
Thanks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts