Nissan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
I have a problem when driving over 40. The gears dont enter.
Karla,

I'm guessing that Your Truck is Manual Shift, Right? If so, Do you have any Clutch Pedal FreePlay?

Regards,

·
Registered
406 Posts
I would call Nissan and talk with the Service Manager to see if the Master Tech can Diagnose and Repair a '95 Nissan Hardbody.
After they get so old, sometime's the New Tech's just don't have the knowledge base. If they can't then maybe they can refer you to a mechanic that can service/repair your Nissan Truck.
I wouldn't drive it until it is fixed unless it is an emergency, to prevent more damage. They may recommend putting it on a Flatbed Wrecker to bring it in, to prevent damage to the Transmission.

After Nissan give's you an estimate, you can decide to have the work done or not or maybe trade it in at that time on a Newer or Brand New Nissan Truck. It should be a good time of year to buy a New Nissan Truck. I don't know where you are, but the Last day of the Month where I'm at is the best time to negotiate on a New Truck.

Best of Luck,

·
Sup Mod keeping the peace
7,368 Posts
Hi Thank you forvrespond. It is automatic
Check the fluid level on the transmission dip stick, after it's fully warmed up and while it's idling, to make sure it's full. What's your ATF fluid look like? Here's a blotter test. Place a couple of drops of the ATF on a paper towel and wait about 30-seconds or so. If the fluid has spread out and is red or very light brown in color, the fluid is good – No action is needed. If the fluid does not spread out and is very dark brown in color, the fluid is oxidized; if it has a burnt smell to it, then there may be internal damage.

·
Registered
2003 Nissan frontier XE D22
108 Posts
You might need to adjust the TV cable from the transmission to the throttle body. If not try readjusting the TPS sensor to a different position voltage. Also check transmission fluid level when hot after driving.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts