Nissan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a problem with my car, the car won't start and I've been trying for 3 months but no luck, the car is cranking until it almost starts but then it goes down, I'm not a mechanic but I wrote down what the mechanics tried:
Replaced cam and crank sensor;
Replaced throttle body;
Replaced Spark plugs and tested;
Replaced the coils plug/
Ignition coil;
Cleaned all fuel injector
Changed fuel pump and checked the pressure all fine;
Scanned with OBD II, found a lot of error because many things was tested. After cleaning the errors codes tried again and again no error, we disconnect 3 sensors and scanned again was detected the sensors that was disconnected, cleaned the error and test again no error found.

I would appreciate the help of those who have gone through similar experience.
Car model: X trail T30 2002

·
Sup Mod keeping the peace
6,895 Posts
When replacing sensors, always use Nissan OEM parts from a Nissan dealer; aftermarket electronic items generally are not reliable, don't last long, and many times are DOA. The sensors are not very expensive; around $75.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi, have you tried doing an ECU rest, either via removing the appropriate fuses, or disconnecting the battery. Before disconnecting the battery open the drivers window, shut all doors remove the battery leads, now connect a jump lead to both pod and neg leads making sure it is not near the battery posts. Go to the drivers window insert the ignition key and turn the ignition to the on position, now turn on the lights, wait 10 seconds, turn off the lights, turn off the ignition, remove the jump lead and reconnect your battery (positive lead first), once all connected go back to the drivers seat and try cranking the engine.
It appeared to work for me and it had been a trick I learned from a Citroen I had had problems with.
If you have added new parts, I understand the ECU has to learn to recognise them.
I hope this works for you.
Another thought, how old is the fuel in your system? I also had had a number of issues with the crank no start issue, I had had my car standing for approx 2 months and it had 1/4 tank of fuel when I got it earlier this year. I do not know how long it had been stood prior to this but did know the previous owner had the same issue with him selling it on.
I drained the fuel and it was the colour of a well dehydrated piss deem yellow bordering on brown.
I appreciate this is a bit long winded, I hope it helps.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi, have you tried doing an ECU rest, either via removing the appropriate fuses, or disconnecting the battery. Before disconnecting the battery open the drivers window, shut all doors remove the battery leads, now connect a jump lead to both pod and neg leads making sure it is not near the battery posts. Go to the drivers window insert the ignition key and turn the ignition to the on position, now turn on the lights, wait 10 seconds, turn off the lights, turn off the ignition, remove the jump lead and reconnect your battery (positive lead first), once all connected go back to the drivers seat and try cranking the engine.
It appeared to work for me and it had been a trick I learned from a Citroen I had had problems with.
If you have added new parts, I understand the ECU has to learn to recognise them.
I hope this works for you.
Another thought, how old is the fuel in your system? I also had had a number of issues with the crank no start issue, I had had my car standing for approx 2 months and it had 1/4 tank of fuel when I got it earlier this year. I do not know how long it had been stood prior to this but did know the previous owner had the same issue with him selling it on.
I drained the fuel and it was the colour of a well dehydrated piss deem yellow bordering on brown.
I appreciate this is a bit long winded, I hope it helps.
Hi Mick, i will try what you suggested
Thanks

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi, hope this works for you.
I again have suffered this problem and followed rogomans advices. My current situation is the following.
T30 2006 Nissan x-trail 2.5 petrol with gas conversion. This has now had 3 cam shaft sensors, the first by the previous owner and therefore unable to confirm if it had been a genuine Nissan part. The second I fitted and had not been a Nissan part. The engine did run and I discovered a mega oil leak from the crankshaft front seal (this caused its own nightmare problems) however bossed that an the car then would not start again, I then after carrying out all sorts of other things resulted in changing both the cam and the crank sensor for genuine Nissan parts.
Cleared all fault codes, tried to start and still the dreaded crank no start issue, she did cough a couple of times and no fault codes raised, I then did something that defies logic in working and disconnected the wire to the cam sensor, hey presto it started and ran, ticked over nicely, raved up ok, however engine light came on and the fault code indicating cam sensor problem.
Can anyone explain how this is able to happen when clearly the cam sensor is unable to provide the required info for the management system.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts