Nissan Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
European NISSAN X-Trail (T32) 1.6 dCi ALL MODE 4x4-i (NT32) (96 KW / 130 CH)

Hello, I would like to ask for some advice as to which part(s) have most likely failed to result in the following symptoms:

This fault first appeared around a couple of months ago:
  • Start/Stop failure (with dashboard warning message at start-up)
These faults first appeared this week:
  • All-wheel drive mode failure (with dashboard warning message at start-up)
  • Powered boot lid opening of its own accord when the vehicle is stationary
  • Powered boot lid opening when selecting 'ALL MODE 4x4 Locked' position

Feels like some type of control unit failure. Thanks in advance for any advice on the parts which might be of concern.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Based on a US Rogue, that has to be some sort of crossed wires. The AWD and ABD (Auto Back Door) have completely separate controllers, so an ECU failure in one affecting the other is very unlikely.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Based on a US Rogue, that has to be some sort of crossed wires. The AWD and ABD (Auto Back Door) have completely separate controllers, so an ECU failure in one affecting the other is very unlikely.
Thanks VStar650CL. If that’s the case then it’s very strange as the car has not had any work done recently and both the AWD and ABD fault occurred at the same time. So I don’t think it’s the work of a careless auto-electrician.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
So I don’t think it’s the work of a careless auto-electrician.
No. probably just a wiring failure. Could be garden-variety chafed insulation, but I think I'd give all the wiring a good look for rodent damage. Especially in the rear quarters, since almost all the ABD wiring is in the left rear if it's the same as the US model. Spring and fall is when the little buggers most like to chew, and Nissan uses soy powder on practically all their harnesses.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts