Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi There,

I need help from you X-Trailer guys !!! I'm wanting to change my OEM 6 cd car radio in my X-Trail 2005 LE for a single Din radio. My problem is the audio dash kit is not available here in Canada. I had do many google search about that and this dash kit is only sale in Uk ebay, but they dont ship to Canada :mad:

I read in one of this forum post, that a canadain guy said the Nissan Pathfinder 2005 kit as been fit on is Exy. I try to send a pm to that guys, but seem he never reply because is last connection is on 2005 .... :balls:

If some can confirm that pathfinder dash kit work or have any hint for me ... please help me ...

(p.s: Sorry mate, i know my english is not so good ... im a french canadian guys ... :fluffy:)

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'd put in a double-din unit if I were you. It looks amazing. I took mine to Best Buy for an install on the weekend and put in this:

- four JBL speakers (6 1/2 inches)
- Sirius Satellite radio (need Sirius CD-SB10 and Sirius Tuner). Can get these either at Best Buy or Future Shop.

Very happy with the install. Yes, it was pricey - but was worth it. I think in the end, it was around $1300. Best Buy has the Pioneer deck on sale for $599 this week.

The USB cable was nicely installed in the glove compartment for my iPhone. I can also also use an SD card to play music. There are also two very small square (about 1" square) antennas on the dash board. Since I'm a neat freak, they are so small and sit right up close to where the dash and window meet. One is for the satellite radio and the other is for the GPS system. They are identical in size and shape! Very very happy.

I'll try and take some photos of the deck in the dash. Looks like it was made perfectly for this vehicle.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Attractiveness

(...)Very happy with the install. Yes, it was pricey - but was worth it. I think in the end, it was around $1300. Best Buy has the Pioneer deck on sale for $599 this week.(...)
I'm thinking about getting the AVIC-F700BT as well from Best Buy but I am concerned about attractiveness for thieves. Is there a removable face plate on that model?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
In my case, i will buy a good bidirectional anti-thef alarm before I change my head unit ... because this attrack f***** thief like a magnet !!! I found one with distance starter on it, at '' Lebeau '' store for 535.00 $ tax and installation include ... plus the remote of this system can operate the door unlock and buzzer !!!

Cheer, :fluffy:

Jonathan

·
Registered
48 Posts
In my case, i will buy a good bidirectional anti-thef alarm before I change my head unit ... because this attrack f***** thief like a magnet !!! I found one with distance starter on it, at '' Lebeau '' store for 535.00 $ tax and installation include ... plus the remote of this system can operate the door unlock and buzzer !!!

Cheer, :fluffy:

Jonathan
Looks like we share the same concern... Unless the front part is removable, I am not sure I will make the move. Thanks.

·
XTRAIL-HOLIC
2,228 Posts
With prices of such head units and other GPS devices falling so sharply around the world, they're becoming less of a target for thieves as the risk factor of getting caught outweighs any financial gains by selling such a stolen part for any decent amount.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Not Sure

Thanks for the reassuring thoughts aussietrail. I am not sure we are there yet though as some thieves will sometime steal low-value stuff and at $600, this deck is far from being cheap. Not only that, the big screen is really hard to miss... I am really thorn between the desire to have it and the fear of having it stolen. :(

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I had my new X-Trail for a couple of day now, and finally the original stereo system provided by Nissan is good enough for me !!! I wanna change the unit because I had read some thread about how bad the OEM unit is, but now im totally disagree with that ... for a OEM unit, I think is so pretty good !!!

After all is good for me because I will save a lot of buck !!!

Cheers,

Jonathan

·
Registered
48 Posts
Don't Disagree

You know Jonathan, I don't disagree with you. I find the OEM system be quite reasonable for the vehicle. What I was looking for though is Bluetooth connectivity, ability to play MP3s and GPS. I would only change the head unit and keep all the rest of the stereo gear of the vehicle. That's why the AVIC-F700BT was so attractive to me as it has all the features I want for a (somewhat) reasonable price. Now if I drop the GPS, I can probably find a single DIN unit that would do the trick for much less $$$ (like the JVC you mentioned above).

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)

·
Registered
48 Posts
Alternatives

Thanks for the detailed post Jonathan. I did see those models and was thinking about them. One of those would probably be a good compromise...

·
XTRAIL-HOLIC
2,228 Posts
Thanks for the reassuring thoughts aussietrail. I am not sure we are there yet though as some thieves will sometime steal low-value stuff and at $600, this deck is far from being cheap. Not only that, the big screen is really hard to miss... I am really thorn between the desire to have it and the fear of having it stolen. :(

I have had my in dash DVD screen for over a year now and leave the car parked outside with no problems, maybe because they can see it is one of those cheap "made in china" brands LOL :) so you can always put a sticker over the Pioneer brand on the DVD screen and make-up a lebel saying "made in China" hahahahaha :):)

·
Registered
48 Posts
I have had my in dash DVD screen for over a year now and leave the car parked outside with no problems, maybe because they can see it is one of those cheap "made in china" brands LOL :) so you can always put a sticker over the Pioneer brand on the DVD screen and make-up a lebel saying "made in China" hahahahaha :):)
Thanks again aussietrail, maybe it is safer in your area than it is in my area...

·
Registered
62 Posts
Im living at Québec, Canada, and my car are be smashed twice time in 1 year & a half by thief. Im living in a condominium and my car is stationed in a underground parking and sometime a stealer succeed to enter on it ... and this a party time for him !!!

This is because I want buy a bidirectional alarm system who moreover the alarm alert the thief, it alert me in my appartement that someone try to smashe my car !!! That will allow me to take my PR-24 police mattrack and go down to my underground parking and giving a little lesson to this intruder !!! loll :hal:

Cheers,

Jonathan

1 - 20 of 30 Posts