Nissan Forum banner
21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Doodeee doodee doodee doo
1,495 Posts
I think Hondas are great, but over-rated. When I raced my (then) stock Sentra against a stock Civic of the same spec and trim in a top-out highway run, we came out dead even... even though his engine was rated at 5-10 hp over mine.

Most people think the Honda is a better/faster car because of the "Fast and the Furious" syndrome... they look hip, therefore, they MUST be.

I don't hate hondas. I respect them. I've driven a couple, and they're pretty good... but I love my nissan. :)

·
Registered
99 Posts
Anyone and everyone can be "stereotyped". By going out of your way to voice your opinion about how much you hate honda's only makes you Another "honda hater" You'll never here me say I hate all Nissans, or even "all" any car for that matter. Some cars I like some I don't, to each his own.
~Just let me say this beforehand. i am not racisist or anything "ist" but sometimes certain people take things too far.
My main problem here in phoenix, az a.k.a Mexico II is the way that certain people combine the mexican way of modifying a car with the "import" way and the result is the STUPIDEST looking vehicles ever to hit the streets. By far, in the last 6 months of living here in PHX I have seen THE most of these examples ever! how about a red 89 Civic with a bondo'd on body kit that looked like it was stolen off of a Neon that was green, with 14" gold Dayton replicas sticking 8 inches out of the wheelwells(fucking up the bearings beyond belief), the letters L A J O L L A in old english stickers accross the back window, one of those 80's limo V antenea's on the trunk(dont ask how it was attached), sparkly rainbow window tint, a huge dent in the passenger door(hey a new free mod:D), with guy inside telling me how he doesn't need to lear how to speak better english, and that I need to learn spanish, because they are taking over and soon all "americans" will speak spanish.....etc....etc.... I have seen numerous accounts of all of these everyday on many cars, from hondas, to nissans, to neons, to cavaliers, anything they can get their hands on. And how are all these fancy mods payed for you ask? well for starters not paying car insurance is a good way to save money, also, claiming every one of your family members(cousins included) as dependants on your tax return form helps out too, even if you are only making $5 an hour. I'll stop now but I could go on forever. Don't take this as talking shit cause it's all facts based on what i have experience in the short time that i have been here as an Arizona resident.
Yours truly,
PROUD AMERICAN CITIZEN

ps. On January 1st 2004 I am going to the border with a truck load of bricks and bags of cement, if enough of you join me, we can take care of this once and for all, since our wonderfull gov't cant seem to keep their eyes open. We're going to rebuild the Berlin Wall, USA style baby!

·
Super Moderator
3,202 Posts
^^ lol. you aint lying about the hoopties... im mexican and i agree with you fully.

·
Wins Don't Come Easy
205 Posts
yeah

Thats true! I just think a lot of people buy hondas to be cool, and as far as im concerned its not.
NATURAL81 said:
i dont mind hondas if they are built respectfully. you cant hait the sound of a 13 second all motor honda. but i hait ricers who drive their hooked up pep boys ride thinking their shit is unstopable

·
Wins Don't Come Easy
205 Posts
true

See now this guy knows what the fuck he is talking about especially with the mexico II part. And these fuckers going mexican style on there imports. Or off topic these people with a shitty ass car or truck with those stupid fucking lowrider rims.
RB26DETT_4_ME said:
Anyone and everyone can be "stereotyped". By going out of your way to voice your opinion about how much you hate honda's only makes you Another "honda hater" You'll never here me say I hate all Nissans, or even "all" any car for that matter. Some cars I like some I don't, to each his own.
~Just let me say this beforehand. i am not racisist or anything "ist" but sometimes certain people take things too far.
My main problem here in phoenix, az a.k.a Mexico II is the way that certain people combine the mexican way of modifying a car with the "import" way and the result is the STUPIDEST looking vehicles ever to hit the streets. By far, in the last 6 months of living here in PHX I have seen THE most of these examples ever! how about a red 89 Civic with a bondo'd on body kit that looked like it was stolen off of a Neon that was green, with 14" gold Dayton replicas sticking 8 inches out of the wheelwells(fucking up the bearings beyond belief), the letters L A J O L L A in old english stickers accross the back window, one of those 80's limo V antenea's on the trunk(dont ask how it was attached), sparkly rainbow window tint, a huge dent in the passenger door(hey a new free mod:D), with guy inside telling me how he doesn't need to lear how to speak better english, and that I need to learn spanish, because they are taking over and soon all "americans" will speak spanish.....etc....etc.... I have seen numerous accounts of all of these everyday on many cars, from hondas, to nissans, to neons, to cavaliers, anything they can get their hands on. And how are all these fancy mods payed for you ask? well for starters not paying car insurance is a good way to save money, also, claiming every one of your family members(cousins included) as dependants on your tax return form helps out too, even if you are only making $5 an hour. I'll stop now but I could go on forever. Don't take this as talking shit cause it's all facts based on what i have experience in the short time that i have been here as an Arizona resident.
Yours truly,
PROUD AMERICAN CITIZEN

ps. On January 1st 2004 I am going to the border with a truck load of bricks and bags of cement, if enough of you join me, we can take care of this once and for all, since our wonderfull gov't cant seem to keep their eyes open. We're going to rebuild the Berlin Wall, USA style baby!

·
Super Moderator
3,202 Posts
RB26DETT_4_ME said:
hey your car looks pretty good, what's with the front bumper though?
hehe, thats the product of the u.s.60's wonderful traffic... i kissed the ass end of a honda passport. the hood was trashed too along with the grill... thats my new unpainted bumper you see. :) its getting painted next month. hey, i noticed that your zip is 85044... im at 85048. i used to be 044 when i lived at 48th and warner... where about are you at?

·
Registered
333 Posts
come on, come on now, no post stealing! that is what pm'ing iis for! back on subject! I HATE HONDA I HATE HONDA I HATE HONDA I HATE HONDA I HATE HONDA I HATE HONDA I HATE HONDA I HATE HONDA I HATE HONDA I HATE HONDA I HATE HONDA I HATE HONDA I HATE HONDA I HATE HONDA I HATE HONDA I HATE HONDA I HATE HONDA I HATE HONDA ........well....never mind. i guess there ok!

·
Registered
549 Posts
REAL Honda racers get tired of defending themselves against the riceboy/street racer/fast and the furious comments thrown at them. If you hate Honda, good for you! Keep it to yourself. REAL racers get along with each other, whether they're Honda or Nissan guys.
I think this signature that kotomile has pretty much says it all

G

·
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Can't I hate Hondas with out people bitching at me for starting it????

I will never respect them...I know it's 50% car and 50% driver, but in the Honda it's 100% car and the driver better be hot shit...or else they're not worth it (so they think, hehehehehe)...I can't believe a lot of people think my ride is a piece of shit...she's not looking like much, but she's got it where it counts!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
RB26DETT_4_ME said:
The Honda doesn't rice itself out.
nice quote man
WHAT THE HELL!!!! Honda makes a commercial with all Civics and they dont rice themselves out? C'mon! I mean I dont h8 Hondas I just think its wack to have what everyone else has and FWD is wack!

·
Registered
203 Posts
anthony jackson said:
come on, come on now, no post stealing! that is what pm'ing iis for! back on subject! I HATE HONDA I HATE HONDA I HATE HONDA I HATE HONDA I HATE HONDA I HATE HONDA I HATE HONDA I HATE HONDA I HATE HONDA I HATE HONDA I HATE HONDA I HATE HONDA I HATE HONDA I HATE HONDA I HATE HONDA I HATE HONDA I HATE HONDA I HATE HONDA ........well....never mind. i guess there ok!
i think after all the honda bashing, we still have to admit one thing:

the import scene woud not be as hot if it werent for honda and to some extent, mistubishi...

i think honda and mitsu has some hand in the existence of the SVT focuses, the specs, the mini coopers, the srt-4s, the mazdaspeed proteges, the wrxs, and the wide wide availability of aftermarket support NOW for anything on 4 wheels w/ a compact sports car image..... i never had the idea when i signed the papers for my 12K sentra w/ manual rolldown windows that there woud ever be a bolt-on turbo for my car.... thanks hotshot, and in part honda/mitsu....

·
Doodeee doodee doodee doo
1,495 Posts
the import scene woud not be as hot if it werent for honda and to some extent, mistubishi...

heck, no matter how you cut it, boys, that's a sad fact.

still, the fascination of car manufacturers with compact power per se can be traced to toyotas and subarus... and before that, my personal fave, the Lancia Delta Integrale... the ORIGINAL Evolution!

Don't hate on something just because you love Nissans,.. pity them because they don't know what the hell they're missing... :D :D :D

21 - 38 of 38 Posts