Nissan Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello Everybody,

I have a Nissan Versa Hatchback 5 DR 2009 S 1.8 L engine 4 speed (NO CVT) Hatchback with roughly 192 000km (119 000 miles). Everything seems like its in working order, no issues.

However, I haven't done any of these fluid replacements or flushes, other than engine oil change, and I did a brake fluid flush at 180 000km, since my front brakes needed to be replaced, but I haven't done following:

Power Steering Fluid
Transmission Fluid
Differential Fluid
Transfer Case Fluid

I checked the transmission fluid, it is off-pink, clear, with like one tiny metal chip per dip (copper like color) and wipe. Not really sure if this is good or bad.

At 180 000km, I had all of this checked at a mechanic (one of those 5 minute oil change guys, though it took like 20 minutes), and he told me everything looks good (he did inspect it), but I am wondering should I replace it or not? Or do a complete flush?

And I assuming the price to do all of this will be a $100 each or so, so like $300-$600.

I want to keep this car as long as possible, so I would like it to last as long as possible.

Is it wise to do this? If so a refill, or a complete flush? And should I just do all of them at the dealership? or at my main mechanic?

Thanks so much

-Brian

·
Sup Mod keeping the peace
7,224 Posts
Hello Everybody,

I have a Nissan Versa Hatchback 5 DR 2009 S 1.8 L engine 4 speed (NO CVT) Hatchback with roughly 192 000km (119 000 miles). Everything seems like its in working order, no issues.

However, I haven't done any of these fluid replacements or flushes, other than engine oil change, and I did a brake fluid flush at 180 000km, since my front brakes needed to be replaced, but I haven't done following:

Power Steering Fluid
Transmission Fluid
Differential Fluid
Transfer Case Fluid

I checked the transmission fluid, it is off-pink, clear, with like one tiny metal chip per dip (copper like color) and wipe. Not really sure if this is good or bad.Just perform a drain/fill only.

At 180 000km, I had all of this checked at a mechanic (one of those 5 minute oil change guys, though it took like 20 minutes), and he told me everything looks good (he did inspect it), but I am wondering should I replace it or not? Or do a complete flush?

And I assuming the price to do all of this will be a $100 each or so, so like $300-$600.

I want to keep this car as long as possible, so I would like it to last as long as possible.

Is it wise to do this? If so a refill, or a complete flush? And should I just do all of them at the dealership? or at my main mechanic?

Thanks so much
-Brian
This is my opinion:
Power Steering Fluid - No need to replace the fluid.
Transmission Fluid -
The fluid should be replaced every 96,000 km. Just perform a drain/fill only. A transmission flush is not necessary as it may cause problems. The ATF color is normally red, however it'll turn to a pink color over time. If the ATF has a burnt smell, then there may be an internal problem.
Differential Fluid
- The fluid should be replaced every 96,000 km.
Transfer Case Fluid
- The fluid should be replaced every 96,000 km.
Coolant fluid - The coolant should be replaced every two years.
Brake fluid - The fluid should be replaced every two years.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts