Nissan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im not that involved yet with the nissan forum so first ill introduce my slef....My names Cj and i drive a white 98 nissan 200sx 1.6l GA16DE series....it just so happens that I have the worst luck with the transmission in my car...im on my third one and i hardly ever rag on it...well, to get to my point...I was going to get my cars allignment checked at the local brake masters...i leave it there and they called me saying "that the metal bracket which goes into my transmission that holds the clutch cable, and also piviots when the clutch is pushed in and released snapped into two pieces...and that they couldnt move my car." After all is said and done im now stuck with having to replace that part which takes four days to get in...then a hefty charge for labor to have it put in.

·
Wise Cracker
5,730 Posts
Part is cheap and should take you about 10 minutes to install. I recommend replacing the clutch cable while your at it as they are known to go bad or stretch if they are not maintained.

Is your car stock or do you have an aftermarket clutch?

FWIW I am on my stock transmission and I have had two different aftermarket clutches and my car is making quite a bit of power. I think something is wrong for you to go through three transmissions.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
wes said:
Part is cheap and should take you about 10 minutes to install. I recommend replacing the clutch cable while your at it as they are known to go bad or stretch if they are not maintained.

Is your car stock or do you have an aftermarket clutch?

FWIW I am on my stock transmission and I have had two different aftermarket clutches and my car is making quite a bit of power. I think something is wrong for you to go through three transmissions.
The Clutch is stock for now.....The first transmission wouldnt come out of first gear....Got it replaced under warranty..second one wouldnt go into first gear....then i am currently on the third transmission....i couldnt belive it either...untill all this happened.

·
Registered
281 Posts
What about that mossy performance Nismo Clutch Disc 2.0 for our ga16? Or is that for the sr20?

·
My ass, your face
3,520 Posts
AznBoiBryant said:
What about that mossy performance Nismo Clutch Disc 2.0 for our ga16? Or is that for the sr20?

yea, thats for the sr20

id STRONGLY suggest the stock clutch setup if ur not gonna push more than about 200whp...which *most* ga's wont..stock clutches will hold up just fine for most applications

1 - 7 of 7 Posts