Nissan Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Tuner/Mechanic
272 Posts
IMO, i would check into an SR20VE with VVT. this motor has mad torque! in a 4x4!? that would be bad ass. also, you don't have to mess with any turbo stuff for big hp gains. the newer stock sr20ve has like 219 hp and 232 torque? i think this is close, check out the sr20 forum. they have a section on the ve motor. i've heard these are great off roading motors. hope this helps. oh yeah, its is also less than many of those on your list. at least the turbo's it is.

· Tuner/Mechanic
272 Posts
the solution to your ecu problem is JWT. they now have the ability to reprogram an sr20 ecu ( i think its sr20) to work with the sr20ve and make the most of the vvt. also, did you say you could get an sr20ve for 1500! damn, is there any way you can look for an sr16ve motor for me? i'll pay shipping if you find one. but this is up to you. thanks, ~mike

· Tuner/Mechanic
272 Posts
i understand completely, just a thought, but thanks anyway. about the ecu, i would definitely email JWT. start a thread about this in one of the forums, ask around, i'm sure somebody can have some valuable imput. keep me informed, i'd like to know what you end up with!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.