Nissan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have a 1992 Nissan Terrano (non U.S. Pathfinder) with a NapsZ24 engine. I decided to post this here since most people do not check out the Xterra, Pathfinder forums. I need help in deciding an engine swap fro my truck. I have listed the engines as the following and later cite the probably problems of instalation. Ok here goes:

1. L18 head on a KA24 block
2. SR20DET engine
3. VG30
4. VG30TT
5. KA24E with the 16 valve head DOHC
6. RB26DETT

problems with each swap are the following:

1. I know the l18 head and KA24 block will fit but what kind of management should I use? A brand new ECU perhaps?

2. Will the SR20DET work well when I engage 4WD? How will I program it to work with my gear case?

3. I know ithe VG30 fits but not a huge increase in power.

4. VG30TT will fit but engine management is an issue as well as cost for the engine itself. Also have to change the tranny.

5. The KA24E doesn't seem to have any problems with the swap except getting the computer to work with my truck.

6. The RB26DETT will cost too much and needs new axles, diferencials, tranny, etc etc etc....

So please help me out.

·
Registered
118 Posts
the 4 wheel drive should work fine with the sr20det as long as you find one from either an avenir, gti-r, or bluebird. see, those cars were all 4 wheel drive, so the thing should be set up for it already. sorry i cant help with the rest.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts