Nissan Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, am new to this forum n i wz hoping to gain info from the nissan experts.
I have a Nissan Sunny 1.6 SR (its a beauty) but now ots giving me problems.

1st- i need to install a K&N filter, where can i get 1-duz any1 know?
2nd-i have a chip to install on my car which i bought from e-bay, is this a good idea to install?
3rd-the oil in ma car iz dark, very dark-what shall i do?

Many thanks

·
Registered
24 Posts
K and N filter, easy to find. You can find one on ebay, find one at www.kandn.com. anywhere like that. Yes the chip is a good idea. and you need to get an oil change. Thats about it.

·
Drifting is for amatures
1,578 Posts
raul_786 said:
n wz 1 duz any1 ma iz
Not only are you new to cars... you must be new to english too.. .Let me help you define the above ENGLISH words..

N - and

WZ - Was

1 - One

Duz - Does

Any1 - Anyone

Ma - My

Iz - is

Please use proper grammer online.. it helps people think you arent ghetto, and makes you appear smarter... K, thanks

·
Locked and Loaded
1,227 Posts
NissanMuscle said:
K and N filter, easy to find. You can find one on ebay, find one at www.kandn.com. anywhere like that. Yes the chip is a good idea. and you need to get an oil change. Thats about it.
i dont know if telling him to install a chip is a good idea, especially if its off of ebay, please give the specs on this chip, and then we will guide you from there, dont listen to that guy, chips are bad news, unless its from a reputable company.

·
What is Seven Ten for?
2,917 Posts
KaRdoN said:
i dont know if telling him to install a chip is a good idea, especially if its off of ebay, please give the specs on this chip, and then we will guide you from there, dont listen to that guy, chips are bad news, unless its from a reputable company.
its probaby a 50 cent resistor that you can get off radio shack.

Let me guess, it was $15 and claimed to give you about 20 HP didn't it?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Am not new to English, its just that i communicate with many of my friends via e-mail and we just find it much faster to type.
I aint no ghetto boy, just by typing words shorter doesnt make you a ghetto boy. Even girls write like that, so does that mean they are ghetto girls LOL.
Keep it cool!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
NissanMuscle said:
I've asked many sellers on e-bay "will they give me a guarantee that the K&N will fit my car" but they refuse to do so. Why is this?
I've looked for many K&N in stores but they just have replacements and not the actual K&N which increases performance.
I've heard from many friends that the chip effects the radiator and sometimes it may over heat.
The oil change seems to be a good diagnosis.
Thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
xbrandonx said:
its probaby a 50 cent resistor that you can get off radio shack.

Let me guess, it was $15 and claimed to give you about 20 HP didn't it?
I paid £2.00 inc P&P.
I was very surprised when i saw it because it just looked like my mothers hair clip LOL.
The seller had many positive feedbacks from buyers who bought the same chip, so I thought i'll buy it and give it a try.
The description of the chip was described on e-bay and this link actually will show you
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=32094&item=7965803030&rd=1#ebayphotohosting
Many thanks

·
woo..im 25 dollars poorer
473 Posts
thats sad man, i can see what he means, but still, no one expects to add a radio and gain 20 hp.

·
What is Seven Ten for?
2,917 Posts
ASsman said:
Right... I ain't no nothing either.

Anywho, welcome and AFAIK those "chips" are useless. Else we would all have them and I would be pushing 135HP+.
you are 100% correct, you got had on that, I'm sorry. DO not put that on your car.

as far as the typing goes, you'll get that alot. Typing your words out/and spelling correctly make the search engine alot more accurate and usefull.

for instance if you serached for "break upgrade for the sentra" you're not gonna find much b/c of the typo.

also if you started a thread saying "wheelz 4 da sentra" when someone else searched for "wheels for the sentra" your thread will not come up.

Mods are really hard on that, but you may take some smack from other memebers for it (as you already have)

welcome to the forum though.

·
Registered
24 Posts
well if you read correctly I said to get the filter off of ebay. Not the chip. And getting the filter from ebay was just an option. All I said was a chip is a good idea. And yes it is a good idea if its a reputable company. And if I was the one telling someone not to talk to anyone else, Id make sure I knew how to read correctly first. :D Later.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
NissanMuscle said:
well if you read correctly I said to get the filter off of ebay. Not the chip. And getting the filter from ebay was just an option. All I said was a chip is a good idea. And yes it is a good idea if its a reputable company. And if I was the one telling someone not to talk to anyone else, Id make sure I knew how to read correctly first. :D Later.
I've asked many sellers on e-bay if they would give me a guarantee that the K&N will fit my car (Nissan Sunny 1.6 SR) but they all refuse to do so.
All the filters selling on e-bay are the same but advertised for different cars, does that mean any K&N with the same diameter will fit my car?

Please let me know as i want my car to perform the best,
Many thanks

·
What is Seven Ten for?
2,917 Posts
NissanMuscle said:
well if you read correctly I said to get the filter off of ebay. Not the chip. And getting the filter from ebay was just an option. All I said was a chip is a good idea.
raul_786 said:
2nd-i have a chip to install on my car which i bought from e-bay, is this a good idea to install?
do a search on "ebay chips" and see what you get.

As far as the K&N filter, are you looking at just putting a K&N filter in your airbox, getting an adapter and a 3" filter, or going with a Full Cold air intake?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
xbrandonx said:
do a search on "ebay chips" and see what you get.

As far as the K&N filter, are you looking at just putting a K&N filter in your airbox, getting an adapter and a 3" filter, or going with a Full Cold air intake?

yes, I need a 3" filter and not a Full Cold air intake!
So where can I get one for my car?
Thanks

·
What is Seven Ten for?
2,917 Posts
all you need is the adapter plate and the filter.

Take off your MAF and post a pic of it so I can see the bolt pattern. It is probabaly the same as mine, but I hate to be wrong in telling you that.

The first one I ordered the MAF bolt pattern was way off, the spacing on it is actully kinda weird.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts