Nissan Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I hope this question has not been asked before, I read as much of the post as I could find of this Forum and couldn't see anything related to my problem.
I am from Namibia Africa and I am hoping someone here can help me. I have a Nissan Serena C25 (japan import) and since I have had it, it gives me a problem by losing power at roughly 30km at 120km/h. It just loses power and slows down to about 100km/h and will not pick up speed.After that if I stop at a stop sign it will accelerate very very slowly As soon as I stop and shut the car down for more or less an half hour, it will do another 30km's and then lose power again.When we only use it in town going to the shops, school etc and not taken it out on the open road, it can go for the whole day stopping and accelerating without any problems. I have replaced the Torque converter The Torque converter is the same as in the Nissan Qashqai as well as the oil. It seems like oil that is overheating as it feels like the Torque converter is slipping (if that is in any way possible). Is this the correct oil CVT NS-2 Anyone that can perhaps tell me what to look for or any help would really be appreciated.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,
I hope this question has not been asked before, I read as much of the post as I could find of this Forum and couldn't see anything related to my problem.
I am from Namibia Africa and I am hoping someone here can help me. I have a Nissan Serena C25 (japan import) and since I have had it, it gives me a problem by losing power at roughly 30km at 120km/h. It just loses power and slows down to about 100km/h and will not pick up speed.After that if I stop at a stop sign it will accelerate very very slowly As soon as I stop and shut the car down for more or less an half hour, it will do another 30km's and then lose power again.When we only use it in town going to the shops, school etc and not taken it out on the open road, it can go for the whole day stopping and accelerating without any problems. I have replaced the Torque converter The Torque converter is the same as in the Nissan Qashqai as well as the oil. It seems like oil that is overheating as it feels like the Torque converter is slipping (if that is in any way possible). Is this the correct oil CVT NS-2 Anyone that can perhaps tell me what to look for or any help would really be appreciated.
[email protected] SLICK100 AND OTHERS.
I Had Nissan Serena C24 of 2000 with similar Problem of Loosing power after Long drive in Highway or climbing hills or during Hot Days..
The Catch is The Transmission Fluid gets high temperature and the pulley bands or chain of CVT Transmission fails to shift hence Car stalls.
Solution is to use The large Transmission Cooler to assist the Cooling.
Me I bought to Mitsubish pajero Oil coolers, went to mechanics fixed them in front and Add about 1L of Transmission Fluid And the Problem ended.
All the best

1 - 2 of 2 Posts