1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
500 Posts

·
Sentra Flogger
108 Posts
my 2 cents

if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. as it is, this timing advance kit seems *very* circumspect. ... i wouldn't bother with it, really. you're best off sticking to the tried and true method for advancing your timing. follow g-funk's link for a *free* mod that will give you *real* results, not imaginary ones...

·
Boost anyone?
1,625 Posts
My cousin sells those timing advance kits for $5 including shipping, he put something a little different than this. This guy makes it seem like its a performance chip altough my cuz tells you that it is up to 20HP on some cars. But think about it, how much HP do you expect from a $5 product?? I trip out because people buy these "kits", sometimes more than one for separate cars.

·
Boost anyone?
1,625 Posts
Well i know this is backstabbing but right now my cousin is pissing me off so basically the "kit" consists of instructions, a title page, a resistor used to swap out with your old resistor in the air temp sensor.

·
Boost anyone?
1,625 Posts
But see its not really a scam because he's not calling it a chip. Stupid people who dont realize that you cant buy a performance chip for $5 make it seem like a scam. For $5 what do you really expect??

·
Cone Dodger
3,093 Posts
or.......

if the principle is to make the ecu think its getting colder air, then why not route the intake temp sensor somewhere colder and or aim it there rather than bothering with the ecu.........just an idea though......

·
Registered
500 Posts
Extend the wires and zip tie or duct tape it to the A/C condensor where it gets pretty chilly. :eek: (zip ties and duct tape fix everything) I bet that will make the ECU think you're in Siberia.

I hope everyone knows I'm kidding, but maybe it's not a bad idea after all.

·
Driver
736 Posts
I remember reading about a guy that did the resistor mod on his sentra last year or around that time(in the b15sentra forums)...supposedly it makes the ecu give more fuel because it thinks the air is denser, which might result in a little more power(can't really see why right now though).

·
Cone Dodger
3,093 Posts
more fuel, more power to burn, but with warm air though, i don't think that would be good, you would be running rich then, and risk burning out the o2 sensors and the cat......think of it as dumping raw fuel in the exhaust system..........but yes, a little bit more power.......

·
Cone Dodger
3,093 Posts
i just remembered that my friend does that to his E30 325 is, but he fools around with the vane ariflow meter, though, and black smoke comes out of his tailpipe, more fuel.........also bad gas mileage....

1 - 17 of 17 Posts