Nissan Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
you guys think is it the same code for all CVTs?
No, the Sentra and Versa have some significant differences when dealing with judder due to the dual-range planetary setup. Here's the work flow for a similar bulletin for '13~'17 Alties and '14~'16 Rogues. Notice that P17F2 isn't even mentioned, it almost never happens on the RE0F10 trannies.

Font Parallel Rectangle Number Pattern

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Do you think the jerk goes away by TC replacement? How about the noise that I have when on P or N?
That would be my best guess, and a bad sprag clutch in the TC could certainly make noise when unloaded (P or N). If you want to make certain, put a stethoscope on the tranny and see if the noise is loudest at the bellhousing. Like I said, no one I know has ever seen a P17F2 by itself on an RE0F10, so to some extent the advice I'm giving you is a judgment call. What you have is not an "ordinary" circumstance.

·
Registered
65 Posts
That would be my best guess, and a bad sprag clutch in the TC could certainly make noise when unloaded (P or N). If you want to make certain, put a stethoscope on the tranny and see if the noise is loudest at the bellhousing. Like I said, no one I know has ever seen a P17F2 by itself on an RE0F10, so to some extent the advice I'm giving you is a judgment call. What you have is not an "ordinary" circumstance.
when that TC gonna kill the tranny?
Should I take it to road trips?

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Unless the sprag clutch breaks outright, it shouldn't hurt anything. But like I keep saying, this is a unique situation that no one I know has seen before. So how long it might last in that condition is a total guess, yours is as good as mine.

·
Registered
1 Posts
According to the complaint, the vehicle is one of the thousands of 2014 Sentra models that suffer from transmission problems and defects in the CVT. Nissan CVT issues are common among Nissan vehicles. Try to Autel Maxisys Elite scanner. This scanner might be helpful for you.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts