Nissan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I don't know much about the car or how to swap engines, but if someone could show me the best engine at a reasonable price to swap into my 1999 sentra, i've looked around and I can't find anything besides someone talking about a sr20det bluebird? or something, like I said I don't know much but I wanna start learning alot about the car, i love it though its a cheap realiable car and i plan on keeping it for a long time.

so any ideas of preferably a site or 2 on where I could get the engine.:confused:

·
Registered
9 Posts
if your in the uk and prepared to travel i have found a guy who brakes nissans and he has quoted me £250 for a sr20 de engine from a primera p11 with gear box and ecu not sure how much extra you would need to do it tho as im getting one and fitting it into my sunny gti i think as it did have the sr20de engine when was maid but some wan*er has put the sr18de engine in it the guys phone number is 07813205343

some usefull engine facts

sr20det is the 2ltr 16 valve turbo found in a pulsar
sr20de is the 2ltr 16valve found in sunny gti
sr18de is 1.8 16valve not sure what they are in normally as dont list them in sunnys when i try to get parts i have to buy parts for the sr20 and hope they fit
also the cams from sr20de engine fit the sr18de doing this makes the sr18de perform as good as the sr20de im also led to beleave you can turbo charge the sr20de for around 500 so if you cant find a sr20det with wireing loom , a fwd gearbox and an ecu for less the 850 give the guy i told you about a call and get the engine from him and turbo charge it as will save money sr20det normally has 4wd gearbox on it i think

please anyone add to this and correct any mistakes i may have made (not spelling errors) they dont count hope this helps somewhat

·
Registered
9 Posts
hmmm dont know where u could get one from then would cost millions to ship have you considerd looking for a car with the engine you want in it thats for sale as spairs or repairs you would get it fairly cheep this way and would have all the relevent components to do the engine transplant

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
no im just lookin for the engline in general i have all the parts i could ever need, I just need a good engine with more horsepowerr then the stock 4 banger.

·
Registered
2018 Nissan Pathfinder SL
4,244 Posts
I don't know much about the car or how to swap engines, but if someone could show me the best engine at a reasonable price to swap into my 1999 sentra, i've looked around and I can't find anything besides someone talking about a sr20det bluebird? or something, like I said I don't know much but I wanna start learning alot about the car, i love it though its a cheap realiable car and i plan on keeping it for a long time.

so any ideas of preferably a site or 2 on where I could get the engine.:confused:
You dont say what Sentra you have
Is it a SE with the SR20 or a GXE, XE with the GA16DE ?

·
Super Moderator
1,065 Posts

You should really research your car and get some mechanical experience before you start swapping motors.

·
Registered
4,244 Posts
would a 6 cylinder fit in the engine compartment? say for a front wheel drive
Yes 99-SEL put a 3.5L VQ in there, but its a total re-build and custom fabrication required.
There are pictures on his site.
if i find a link i will post for you.
There is a sticky to swap a SR from a GA have a look at it.
If you do have an SR then its easier to drop in a SR20DET.

·
Registered
4,244 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts