Nissan Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

Newcomer here, mostly to help a family member with his 2014 Nissan Rogue at 60K miles

I'm trying to figure out whether he should continue going to the dealership for his regular service maintenance intervals. The warranty is finished, so I advised him to go independent.

My initial questions are:

1. Is synthetic engine oil important for this SUV? Or is any regular oil from an independent shop ok?

2. How often does the brake fluid have to be changed? Is the manufacturer intervals necessary?

3. Does it really matter that the dealership inspect brake lines/ cables, Drive shaft boots, drive belts, Exhaust systems, suspensions, etc?

Thank you

·
Sup Mod keeping the peace
6,773 Posts
Hey,

Newcomer here, mostly to help a family member with his 2014 Nissan Rogue at 60K miles

I'm trying to figure out whether he should continue going to the dealership for his regular service maintenance intervals. The warranty is finished, so I advised him to go independent.

My initial questions are:

1. Is synthetic engine oil important for this SUV? Or is any regular oil from an independent shop ok?

2. How often does the brake fluid have to be changed? Is the manufacturer intervals necessary?

3. Does it really matter that the dealership inspect brake lines/ cables, Drive shaft boots, drive belts, Exhaust systems, suspensions, etc?

Thank you
1. - I recommend a fully synthetic motor oil be used. An excellent oil to use is Mobil-1. The FSM (Factory Service Manual) recommends an SAE 0W-20 oil.
2. - According to the FSM, the brake fluid should be changed every two years. Use a synthetic DOT-3 fluid.
3. - Any competent independent auto service shop can inspect those items. Just keep records of service.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts