Nissan Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

I am new to Nissan and here, i got a Rogue 2014, it has 270,000 KM on it. It jumps after while from driving, it starts fine and good, but after a while, it jerks. what could be? some say it's a cvt and it has temperature issues.

I called the dealer , he said it's not warranted as it's old and has high millages.

A friend said could be spark plugs, but i feel it has to do with tranny. Should I do a flush of the fluid first to see how it goes?

Thanks for any advise or recommendation.

·
Admin and Sup Mod keeping the peace
7,673 Posts
Hi All

I am new to Nissan and here, i got a Rogue 2014, it has 270,000 KM on it. It jumps after while from driving, it starts fine and good, but after a while, it jerks. what could be? some say it's a cvt and it has temperature issues.

I called the dealer , he said it's not warranted as it's old and has high millages.

A friend said could be spark plugs, but i feel it has to do with tranny. Should I do a flush of the fluid first to see how it goes?

Thanks for any advise or recommendation.
One of the first things to do is perform an ECU code readout with a portable scan tool to see if any fault codes are set. The tool can be purchased at most auto parts stores. Post the actual codes here on the forum so that we may be able to help you further. If there is one or more fault codes set, they can help point to the malfunction. If you have a copy of the FSM for your vehicle, the code readout procedure is described there along with a listing of codes. You can download a copy of the FSM from this web site: Nissan Service Repair Manuals. The section EC.PDF is the one you need to read.

It could well be the CVT acting up. When was the last time you performed a CVT drain/fill? If you haven't done one at least 48,000 Km ago, then do one now; not a flush just a drain/fill.
To enhance longevity, the CVT fluid should always be replaced every 48,000 Km. When the fluid stays in too long, the chemical properties of the fluid get compromised and it can no longer provide that cushion that's so needed between the steel belt and the cones. You can generally deduce that by looking at the fluid; if it's very dark brown and has a burnt odor, it's shot!

Do you feel any engine jerks while the engine is idling? If you do, then the spark plugs may be dirty. Another possibility is a marginal camshaft position sensor or a marginal crankshaft position sensor. Most of the time when this happens, the "check engine light" never comes on; subsequently when performing an ECU code readout, there was no fault code set. There's been many members here on the forum that have had problems similar to yours and the fix was replacing those two sensors.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
One of the first things to do is perform an ECU code readout with a portable scan tool to see if any fault codes are set. The tool can be purchased at most auto parts stores. Post the actual codes here on the forum so that we may be able to help you further. If there is one or more fault codes set, they can help point to the malfunction. If you have a copy of the FSM for your vehicle, the code readout procedure is described there along with a listing of codes. You can download a copy of the FSM from this web site: Nissan Service Repair Manuals. The section EC.PDF is the one you need to read.

It could well be the CVT acting up. When was the last time you performed a CVT drain/fill? If you haven't done one at least 48,000 Km ago, then do one now; not a flush just a drain/fill.
To enhance longevity, the CVT fluid should always be replaced every 48,000 Km. When the fluid stays in too long, the chemical properties of the fluid get compromised and it can no longer provide that cushion that's so needed between the steel belt and the cones. You can generally deduce that by looking at the fluid; if it's very dark brown and has a burnt odor, it's shot!

Do you feel any engine jerks while the engine is idling? If you do, then the spark plugs may be dirty. Another possibility is a marginal camshaft position sensor or a marginal crankshaft position sensor. Most of the time when this happens, the "check engine light" never comes on; subsequently when performing an ECU code readout, there was no fault code set. There's been many members here on the forum that have had problems similar to yours and the fix was replacing those two sensors.

Thank you so much for your comment, I will do that for sure.

I have a small checker, it does not show any faulty codes, nor the dash on the car, no codes at all.

I have called the dealer, they said they going to do a check for the whole call for 75$

I will take it and then move from there.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Hi again,

i took the car to a mechanic who has the advanced tool for codes. He found that the tranmission judder, he said take it to nissan to work on it. and he said it is super expensive to replace or fix.
I wish i would know, the previous owner sold it with that and i did not know that.

Do you guys think they will cover? it's a 2014 and has 270K KMs on it. I am in Canada.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Hi again,

i took the car to a mechanic who has the advanced tool for codes. He found that the tranmission judder, he said take it to nissan to work on it. and he said it is super expensive to replace or fix.
I wish i would know, the previous owner sold it with that and i did not know that.

Do you guys think they will cover? it's a 2014 and has 270K KMs on it. I am in Canada.

Thanks again.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts