Nissan Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
I want my B14!!!!
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was out washing the car again (2nd time in 2 days) at 6 am. Afterwards I went out to the park to just chill and drool over the work and I see this lil kid playing with an RC car. He had to be at least 12 or 13. As I'm sitting there, it dawns on me that it doesn't sound like a normal RC. None of that typical high-whining- crap and he has the thing sliding all over the place. Then he lets it buzz by me and I notice that its a 300zx chassis :wtf:

I watch as it does a couple more slides before bumping into the front tire of my car. Getting up, I grab the car and just stare at it for a moment then ask the kid to come over. I asked him where he got it and he says that his parents bought it for him a few months ago. Meanwhile his folks are on the bench talking and throwing bread to the birds.

I ask him if I could give it ago and he says sure.

An hour later, I'm hooked on this thing. Between us swapping turns, it was crazy watching that toy do the things it did. His parents and I talked for a bit and the father said he got it online. He mentioned a couple of drift RC cars, which I know about, but I didn't know there were other nissan chassis cars before the 240, S15, and the DP inspired ones.

Now I'm home and looking like a madman for some info. I can't believe that playing with a toy put the lil kid back in me :loser: Should I be ashamed? HECK NO- those things are fun as hell!

At anyrate, does anyone know where I can find some of these? And not just nissan chassis ones but perhaps Mitsubishi as well? I know Yokomo has the drift inspired cars, but their selection is limited :(

Anyone else mess with RC cars? Years ago I remember the old ones, but damn, these modern ones make those look like a job.

·
I want my B14!!!!
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sethwas said:
well,
there are tons of places to get one. try towerhobbies.com
Expect to pay over $200 to start (radio, car, batteries, charger, motor, or fuel, and engine, etc.)

Seth
Yeah I saw some of the prices and I was like :jawdrop: Its not too bad considering some of the cars go well over 35mph- the Nitro ones at least. I still couldn't find any specific chassis types that I like though. The particulars are the EVO VI-VIII, 3000gt/dodge stealth, and sileighty.

Thanks for the link. I'll check out there. :)

·
Banned
4,308 Posts
i used to be deeeeeep into them. i could never afford one as a kid bt a few of my friends had one (best thing about private schools? you always have rick friends with great toys lol) depending on the setup, the electric and nitro can be just as fast (nitro alittle faster) but nitro you can simply re-fill, batterys you need to re-charge. the electric ones have alot more TQ. go to your local barns and noble or walmart and go to the mag section. idk what "sub-section" it is in but there is a mag called RC action or something like that and they have crazy stories and project cars. i have seen many a tuned nitro hit 66mph easy.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts