Nissan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yo you guys this is for all us devoted Hardcore Nissan Fans out there. Nissan has announced that they are going to bring back a newer updated version of there super car the R390 GT1 to enter into the worlds most important race, the 24 Hours Of Lemans. I believe if Im not mistaken it has 4.0 Liter twin turbo V8. If you guys are hardcare 24 Hours of Lemans fans like I am.....Im always rooting for anything Nissan. This year theyll be back.....Hope they can bring one home for us Nissan boyz!

·
ex-Super *********
1,410 Posts
NICE!
I have watched the race for the past 2 years.. All but 4 hours of it the first time and all of Nascarvision...OOPs, Speed Chanels coverage of this past one. THis is great news. BTW where did you find such info?

M

·
0 Posts
woohoo!!!!!

yea that sounds great. Im really excited.
Yea i heard that Prodrive was secretly working with a japanese manufacturer on a prototype project. Maybe thats what they are doing. It would be great to see those two working together. Wow, a win at lemans would be fantastick for nissan. Thats gunna be cool. Cant wait to see if it works out. I would think they would wait until 2004 tho. That is when the rules change to allow tunnels. It would be odd to build a car for 1 year and then have to change it the next. Oh well, we'll see.
Happy Happy joy joy

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
do you ever wonder?

You guys ever wonder......you know how the Nissan Skyline GTR competed in GT class at lemans back in the mid ninties? Well wouldnt it be awesome if Nissan developed the NEW 350 ZX into a Lemans race car and entered it at the 24 Hours Of Lemans in GT class? T believe it could hold its own if not destroy BMW M3 GTRs and some of the Porcshe GT3 RSs . Wouldnt that be awesome?

M

·
0 Posts
350z will race

the 350z is going to be offered as a street car as well as a race ready customer car. Woohoo!

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
heres a good name....

Hes a good name for Nissans 350 Z if they enter it into the 24 Hours of Lemans.......350 Z GTR....sound good huh?

·
Registered
205 Posts
The R390 was built by TWR in the late 90's. The engine was the VRH35Z, which means 3.5 litre, twin turbo V8. with air restrictors it made 700 hp, un-restricted in 1990 it made 1200 hp when it ran in the GTP class.

I would be very surprised to see them run the same engine as it is now 12 years old. I think that they would spend the time to update both the chassis and the engine to compete with Audi. Audi is now using direct injection, which gives a significant fuel economy advantage over normal injection.

The chassis is also pretty dated in comparison to the Bently.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ok

In regards to engine size your correct it was in fact a 3.5 Liter V8 powered twin turbo powerplant. However as in the chassis being outdated......you might wanna hold off on that assumption because if youve noticed lately in the top LMP class Panoz went back to the work shed and brought back there older chassis Panoz to compete with a newer updated Audi R8 and it was in fact competitive. The Ferrari brought back the 333SP which was first developed in the 1994 season and is now seeing action again with some updates of course but still extremely competive. So far the only car since last year running in the GTP class (closed cockpit) was the Bentley EXP Speed 8, so this would be Nissans first concern. Remember......I said they are bringing back a NEWER updated version...... Who knows they might call it something else but they had stated that it will be a newer updated version of the R390 GT1..........they might call it something else.....cant wait to find out though!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts