Nissan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi im a new member on this forum. I drive a 2000 Nissan Quest. Ive been noticing something off about my van. Almost a month back i filled up my coolant reservoir and till this day the level is the same. And that doesn’t seem normal because coolant shud have been used within a month. Would anyone know what the issue can be ??

Also yesterday I was parked on a slope downhill, the car was in idle...after a while the car start vibrating and the rev meter start twitching below 1 and the car shut off...i started it back on and tried reversing but when i pressed the gas pedal nothing happened and it shut off again after vibrating..i checked the plugs everything was fine...i sat there for 10-15 minutes and then i started it again and quickly reversed it and brought it down on level ground..it start moving fine...what could the problem be there ??

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also one more thing, what I believed to had happened in the 2nd part is that i also had low fuel, so maybe while i was idling on a slope downhill maybe the fuel was all shifted on one side and the engine wasnt getting fuel ? Could that be it ?

·
Sup Mod keeping the peace
6,179 Posts
In your first posting, your comment "that doesn’t seem normal because coolant shud have been used within a month" is incorrect. Coolant doesn't get used. As long as the coolant system is sealed good, it's normal for the coolant reservoir level to remain constant for several months or more. However if there is any type of breach in the cooling system, you'll see the reservoir level drop sooner than later. I have a 2012 Altima that I've had for 3 years and the coolant reservoir level hasn't changed in all that time.

In your second posting, if you plan to park on a slope of a steep hill, then keep your gas tank 3/4 to full at all times and you should be OK. Several OPs have posted with the same problem and their solution was the same as I'm saying here.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts