Nissan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay I own a 1987 Nissan Pulsar (my uncle gave it to me because he can't afford it) and I have been doctoring it up and it is a nice little car. The shift nob though is old and when it gets warm it gets black all over my hands and I want to change it. The problem is it seems like a lage piece of runnber going down about 10" screwing into the stick it self. I was told you just twish it off but being all rubber it just gives and twists it self. Is there any special way to get it off and put an after market one in. I work at a parts store so I have a load of them and I want to change it. Any help would be appreciated.

Peace Out

·
Oh, Herro!
2,337 Posts
Big wrench. Big big wrench. That's how mine came off. Be careful you don't bend a fork or something. Nissan used some crazy glue to hold the shift knobs on. If you're worried about bending / breaking something, you can take the shifter out of the car and then wrench away on it.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea I am going to try liquid wrench and some pliers. Question though, when I take it off will I be able to just place an after market shift knob on it, just as if I unscrewed one off say a Mustang (don't I wish it was that easy)???
Or is there somethig I have to do before I can put a new on on it?

Peace Out

1 - 3 of 3 Posts