Nissan Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

Just wanted to say hello. I am a tuner at heart and like to know all that I can when I have the time to learn. I'm also a semi-recovering forum junkie...:p I came across the site and wanted to join up and learn some more about the enemy...oop... I mean nissan's. I am in Trinidad & Tobago and down here they put SR's in just about anything and RB's in whatever the SR's don't go into...lol, so I think it's fit that I learn what kinda power I'm dealing with when I go to the local races. I am also a tech junkie, so I like to know about any engine I can.

I have quite a bit of hands on experience with turbo setups from my previous ride and tuner friends and I do just about all of my own wrenching. I drive a 93 Honda civic hatchback with a 1.8L vtec engine that I am building to my own specifications (head is still virgin). Our track sux... so my best time has been a stinkin' [email protected] on a stock header and slipping clutch.

Well... see ya'll around !
X2

·
cheese
618 Posts
welcome to nissan forums, there is a ton of info here. do you own a nissan?

ditch the honda

j/k :cheers:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Don't own any Nissan... except when I race... hehehe.

I do know quite a few people that have Sentras and a couple Silvia's tho. I would like to purchase a Silvia or preferably a Skyline in the near future.. but I don't like to get into a brand until I know the ups and downs of the engine and other hard parts. I'm already pretty well versed with Hondas.

·
Banned
4,308 Posts
I think (in affordability) Nissan and Honda engines are amazing! For such cheap cars they sure have a crap load of tech jammed into those tiny little boxes. I to have been meaning to join a Honda forum because i know most of the Nissan engines and their codes but when someone starts to blab out the b16, b18...the only thing that comes to mind is battle ship lol. So welcome! What Honda forum you belong to/ what’s a good one? I would like to learn the Honda equivalents of the sr20 and so on.

·
Destroyer of worlds.
874 Posts
i like nissan engines a bit more, primarily because they're torquier. my brothers integra (aka "the teg") is pretty lame compared to my se-r :cheers:

i think you should put a ford triton v8 into a civic or similar...now that should get you passed the 14 second barrier lol

·
Banned
4,308 Posts
Welcome to Nissan Forums.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts