Nissan Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am working on a nissan for a friend and I am in no way an expert with nissans. It's an 89 model and I am unsure what the motor is, E16I? It has 12 valves? I hope I am in the correct forum. If not please redirect me.

The motor has a throttle body carb. It has had a new fuel pump installed, not by me. Anyways the fuel pump does pump fuel. I removed the filter line and connected the battery and fuel shot out. If I poor some gas in the TB the car will start and run. I check the mass air sensor and it appears to be fine and I check one other sensor that I couold get to with out removing everything and it was good.

I have spark and I appear to have fuel pressure so what would stop the fuel from being delivered? thanks bob

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
i completely agre one of the reasons my car was runnin like junk was the fuel filter, recently chainged it and noticed a huger difference in throtle response, if it wasnt the origional from the factory then it was deff the second time its been changed cus it was bad

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
did you remove the fuel line before or after the fuel filter? if before try it after the filter, if you have fuel thru the filter I would look down into the throttle body to see if your getting fuel there if not could be an injector problem.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ahardb0dy said:
did you remove the fuel line before or after the fuel filter? if before try it after the filter, if you have fuel thru the filter I would look down into the throttle body to see if your getting fuel there if not could be an injector problem.
I did remove the line after the fuel filter and I believe the filter is new, not that it means anything but the line was removed after the filter.

I have been leaning towards and injector as well but did not want to speed money until I knew for sure what the problem may be. I will guess that the injector on the TB is a common thing to go bad? No it isn't getting any gas out of the injector or not that I can see. There isn't even a hint of gas smell at all.

Any other ideas or options to look at?
bob

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
my 90 was doing the opposite, it was spilling too much gas into the TB ended up replacing the injector, if you try to crank the car see if any fuel is trying to spray into the TB if not check the contacts on the top of the injector, is this car a 89 sentra?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ahardb0dy said:
my 90 was doing the opposite, it was spilling too much gas into the TB ended up replacing the injector, if you try to crank the car see if any fuel is trying to spray into the TB if not check the contacts on the top of the injector, is this car a 89 sentra?
Yes it's an 89 sentra. There is no fuel at all from the injector. Can I measure the resistance of the injector to see if it's bad and if so what amount of resistance should I see? My guess is that it should be open if I am not getting fuel but I do not know for sure?

·
Registered
2,376 Posts
RTM said:
Yes it's an 89 sentra. There is no fuel at all from the injector. Can I measure the resistance of the injector to see if it's bad and if so what amount of resistance should I see? My guess is that it should be open if I am not getting fuel but I do not know for sure?

well, an injector is just solenoid.....so there is a reading, shoudl be pretty high, what exactly though I don't know.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
bII said:
The E series motor is an 8 valve, I believe you have a GA (just in case you need to go looking for parts or whatever, most problems can be solved in the same matter).
I told you I had no clue about Nissans. This may help steer me in the right direction. I hope to work on it again this weekend.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
I'll look in the service manual for my 90 in a few minutes to see if it says anything about testing the injector, i'll get back to you in a few.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
E-mail me ( in my profile) and I'll send you the procedure from the service manual, i'm going to scan the 2 pages right now, sorry don't know how to post pics on this site yet.

·
Registered
2,376 Posts
ahardb0dy said:
E-mail me ( in my profile) and I'll send you the procedure from the service manual, i'm going to scan the 2 pages right now, sorry don't know how to post pics on this site yet.
easy, just become a contributor. :thumbup:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ahardb0dy said:
Sent you an e-mail. thanks

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
sent the procedure to you

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I haven't had much time to work on it but I did measure the injector and it checked out at 2 ohms. From what I know so fat it should measure between 1 to 2 ohms. My next step is to back trac from there like the instructions say to do.

If and when i solve this I will post the findings.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts