Nissan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I just purchased my Spec V and am looking to mod it but VERY little!! I am only looking for an CAI, header and exhaust!!

For intakes I only know of 2 - Hot Shot and AEM . . which is better?? Any others I should look into??

Headers, well I have only seen the Hot Shot header but I guess there is a debate between that and the Stillen header so I guess these are the top 2 headers??

I can't find any exhaust except someone hear mentioned something about a Stromung exhaust and I haven't seen a pic yet but it appears to be like $600!! :eek: Any other exhaust?? I am looking to increase performance but keep sound DOWN and stay as close to stock in sound maybe a little louder!! Is it true I should only go 2.25 inches on the exhaust since I am only doing simple bolt ons??

Well guys that is all I have for now . .any info you can give would be great and thanks.!! :D

·
DNE's VZR Conversion
6,079 Posts
AEM is better for the new sentras.

Headers : go with hot shot

Exhaust : yes stromung is around 600 bux maybe less now.

but if u want you can make a custom one for yourself. do a 2.25 piping and a muffler of your choice. If you want it deeper and quieter adda resonator or glass pack.

if u have n-e-more question give me a holler on Aol Instant Messenger i be glad to assist you. :)

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
LIUSPEED said:
AEM is better for the new sentras.

Headers : go with hot shot

Exhaust : yes stromung is around 600 bux maybe less now.

but if u want you can make a custom one for yourself. do a 2.25 piping and a muffler of your choice. If you want it deeper and quieter adda resonator or glass pack.

if u have n-e-more question give me a holler on Aol Instant Messenger i be glad to assist you. :)
Ok, AEM it is!!! :)

So you think the Hot Shot header is the better choice?? My question then is how many pieces is the exhaust of the Spec V?? I mean you have the header then what?? Is there only one more piece that covers from the header back or a piece with the coverter and then the catback??

The reason I ask is because the Hot Shot header only appears to be the header and does NOT include the converter pipe like the Stillen header!! So if I get the Hot Shot header and leave the converter pipe and just do a muffler and such would that be good or bad?? I would think I would need that middle converter piece . . let me know!

So is Stromung the way to go?? I mean that is expensive AND I don't like the way the tips look!! The Stillen catback looks nice but I am not sure how far it goes to the front?? I liked Magnaflow for my mustang but I couldn't make a custom exhaust!!

Anyway, thanks for the stuff and if you do decide you are tired of posting back and forth shoot me an email!! Thanks man and I may keep bugging you!! ;)

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This is what I've heard.

Stillen soes not make a catback system. They only have the header downpipe and rear section exhaust. They told me that a full catback will reduce horsepower all the way through the power band. What they sell is the most horsepower you will get from a header exhaust combo right now. I have it and it is awesome. I also have an injen cold air intake and eibach pro springs. The car is fast and on rails.!

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
oops.

I forgot to tell you the exhaust is very loud, and a bit ricey, I don't think you would like it if you want it to sound like the stock exhaust.

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
these guys know what theyre talking about!!! the HS cai are better on the older cars using the ga16de since it responds better, but for the newer cars such as your spec v, the AEM is a better choice(looks better too), and as for a cat-back system...600 is pretty expensive, u should go with a custom cat-back with the muffler of your choice, that way u control everything(including price) and if it's too loud, u can always add a glass pack or a silencer..:D

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here is what I know is available:

Exhaust:
Stromung
Stillen (not a catback)
VRS
Greddy (soon to be out)
Custom

Intakes:
Place Racing
AEM
Hotshot
Injen
K&N
Jim Wolf Pop Charger

Header:
Hotshot
Stillen
AEBS (soon to be out)

Cams:
Jim Wolf (soon to be out)

Chip:
Jim Wolf (soon to be out)

Flywheel:
Stillen

Turbo:
Forced Induction Racing (see b15sentra.net, do a search)

Nitrous:
Various (DO NOT go more than 55 shot on a Spec V)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts