Nissan Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good Day everyone. I bought a Nissan Micra 2020 side smash. The car has 14k Kilos but doesnt start after the crash. Only makes cranking sound. But doesn't start. Can anyone suggest what i need to do for the car to start.

·
Admin and Sup Mod keeping the peace
8,194 Posts
Good Day everyone. I bought a Nissan Micra 2020 side smash. The car has 14k Kilos but doesnt start after the crash. Only makes cranking sound. But doesn't start. Can anyone suggest what i need to do for the car to start.
The Nissan Micra is not marketed in the U.S.A. so we have no access to any factory service manuals. However here's some helpful tips:

One of the first things to do is perform an ECU code readout with a portable scan tool to see if any fault codes are set. The tool can be purchased at most auto parts stores. Post the actual codes here on the forum so that we may be able to help you further. If there is one or more fault codes set, they can help point to the malfunction. The crash, depending where the damage was done, could have damaged the ECU or the IPDM, if it has one.

At this point you can perform some elementary diagnostics - you may be able to determine if there's an ignition or fuel delivery problem:

* Testing fuel delivery:
An easy way to test the fuel pump and filter is to disconnect the fuel feed hose from the fuel rail and connect it to a long length of spare hose with the other end draped over the fender going into a catch can placed on the ground. Now turn the ignition key to the run position but DO NOT TRY TO START THE ENGINE. You should see fuel going into the can at a good rate for several seconds.

The fuel injectors may not be firing. This can be tested with a "noid" light probe for each injector harness connector.

* Testing ignition:
Pull one or more coil packs to test; use a spare spark plug in the coil pack to test; ground the plug base with a jumper wire to the engine block; see if you're getting a spark while trying to start the engine.

* There may be a major intake system vacuum leak:
Check the intake manifold nuts to make sure they are tight. The gasket may have failed. Also check the intake plenum bellows at the throttle valve and at the MAF for cracks or loose clamps.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts