Nissan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to all the community,
I own a Nissan Maxima 2009, the suspension need a lot of work so i’m thinking about getting this full front SUSPENSION KIT i found on amazon which seems pretty good for the price, of course i’m trying to find a good deal but at the same time i don’t want to buy bad quality parts, so my inquiry is about this kit, the brand is DETROIT AXLE, the reviews about the parts are good and i’ve been doing some research about the brand and only found positive reviews also, so i want to know what y’all think about these parts or what would you recommend.
Thanks in advance.

Attachments

·
Sup Mod keeping the peace
7,479 Posts
The kit has a 5 star rating and good reviews from purchasers and it's a good price for everything that's in the kit so I would say go for it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes the price is really good compared to other brands but i’m not sure yet, i’m still doing a little research about quality on Detroit Axle brand, i might talk to my mechanic first to check what he thinks, thanks for your reply rogoman.

·
NF Mod/Nissan Master Tech
2006 Pathfinder LE, 2003 Frontier SVE
10,210 Posts
Detroit Axle is a father and son owned company based out of Ferndale, MI, and have been selling US-made auto parts for several years. Reviews seem to always be either really good or really bad and not much in the middle. From what I've read and seen of them, they seem to be making "service grade" auto parts...not terrible but not the best, either. I guess you can call them "economy line" parts.

My thoughts have always been that there are parts you don't "cheap out" on, like tires, brakes and steering and suspension parts. That doesn't mean I don't appreciate a good bargain or deal, but I also know from my Nissan tech background that what parts you put on your vehicle make a difference. Parts from OE manufacturers often are of better quality that of generic brands. When it comes to struts and shocks on Nissan, I prefer to stick with KYB, who makes suspension parts for Nissan. For control arms and steering parts, while not OE to Nissan, I usually stick with Moog or Mevotech's Supreme and Premium lines, which are as good and sometimes improved versions of the OE counterparts. Fortunately, Rockauto usually carries all of those brands at decent prices.

As far as bad reviews of Detroit Axle, check out the BBB website:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts