Nissan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Nissan Data Scan - Nissan Data Scan ver. 1.5
Can be purchased with the consult cables.

Datalog Viewer - Untitled Document
Used to graph data captured by Nissan Data Scan

ConZult-Free - Conzult diagnostic software
Free but very basic

SRtalk Beta - ZControl.net
Free

ZTalk V1.1 - ZControl.net
Free

CalumSult - Index of /~cjohns32/calumsult
Free

OBD ScanTech Nissan - Generic Scan Tool Software That Works With Vehicle PCM
No longer free, unregistered version works but has some features disabled.

TECU - :: View topic - TECU new versions- Download here!
Free

DDLReader - http://www.hybridka.com/consult/DDLReader.exe
Free

ECU Talk - ECU Talk
Free - Developed by PGA member NewKleer

ConSultan - Code 55 Racing
(this is a newly released macintosh OS X consult software alpha release)

·
Registered
5 Posts
I want to ask which Interface to use for Consult II cars, for example Primera P11C/114 ?
It has ODBII connector. Any idea ? And where to find correct pinout .

b.r.

Pali

·
Registered
14 Posts
see the post right above yours...though a generic OBDII cable/reader would be cheapest thing to use. consult II cars are easy because you can just use generic OBDII stuff, not forced to use nissan consult specific things

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have just got a Nissan consult and would like to know more about its capabilities can you tell me more please? What can you use it to do and what cars will it work on? can you reset ignition timing or idle speed settings?

Any advice about this would be great although I have the operation manual it doesn't let you know what you can do with the unit

thanks

Martyn

·
Registered
14 Posts
with consult you can do active tests which are temporary such as adding offset to ignition timing or fuel injection %. but u cant permanently save anything to the ECU

you can enter base idle mode which stops the ecu adjusting the idle and ignition timing so it allows you to both set correct timing (using timing light and adjustig the distributor etc), and then idle speed with idle screw etc.

it works on most cars with the consult plug (most new models after 89) and stopped around 96 in USA with obd2, and last models around 2000 (eg s15, r34) elsewhere

·
Registered
2 Posts
I received a nissan consult yesterday to test some of the solenoids on my 98 maxima. To operate this with my ECM do I need to attach it to a laptop using an RS232? Will the laptop need free_conzult SW installed?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Nissan Consult Operation

Can someone please give me a simple explanation as to how to operate the Nissan Diagnostic Consult? Do I connected to the ECM with a laptop with FreeConzult SW? The nissan diagnostic consult has no display module so it definetly needs something connected to it?

·
Registered
14 Posts
its not a nissan consult if you mean the handheld pocketpc like unit that nissan use themselves. maybe you have a consult interface, something that plugs into the car and then into your pc, and then you use one of the software listed in main post to connect? (have car on or running)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Places to get cables (and cost incl postage at current exchange rates):
Code:
[url=http://www.ecutalk.com/interface.aspx]ECUTalk[/url]	Serial $36USD ($55AUD)	USB $46USD ($70AUD)
[url=http://www.plmsdevelopments.com/consult_if.shtml]PLMS[/url]	Serial $71USD ($110AUD)	USB $67USD ($105AUD)
[url=http://www.blazt.biz/products/cable.php]blaZt[/url]	Serial $83USD ($128AUD)	USB $99USD ($153AUD)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Nissan Sunny Ex Salon N16 (QG16DE) and OBD

Hi, I have a new car Nissan Sunny Ex Salon Model 2009, Auto Trans., engine N16L( QG16DE), it has under the steering a 16 pin connector is this an ODB ii or a consult connector as I know consult connectors has 14 pins only what diagnostic tool can I use for my vehicle, this car is assembled by Nissan in Egypt. Any help please.

·
Registered
5 Posts
thanks but still confused

thats an obdII port, so most obdII software should work.
thanks but still confused some they say that my car is not compatible and it is can bus connector how can find this as i ve searched the net but could not find any thing about my car. thanks anyway

·
Registered
14 Posts
well CAN is one of the signalling protocols of OBDII (like pwm, iso 9141-2, etc). but not all cables/scantools support all signalling protocols. sorry i cant help more but only know about consult 1, and your car is definitely not consult 1. if i had your car, (aside from searching more/asking elsewhere), id probably just try getting the cheapest OBDII cable off ebay that mentions can/iso 15765-4 support and see if it works (or ask the seller first)

·
Registered
14 Posts
ECUTalk v1.3.5 beta3 which adds proper support for diesel engines, including diesel specific sensors, also update to error codes.

ECUTalk v1.3.5 beta3 - Changes from v1.3.5 beta1 below:
  • #105 Add extra sequential index column to logging
  • #108 Russian language has trouble changing alert values
  • #109 Add basic compatibility for diesels
  • #110 Differentiate between petrol/diesel (as some sensors are shared)
  • #111 Russian Update error codes (for both petrol and diesel)
v1.3.5 beta3 can be downloaded from latest news post here: ECUTalk - News

·
Registered
14 Posts
ECUTalk v1.3.5 beta6 has been released, which heaps of switch/solenoid sensors.

ECUTalk v1.3.5 beta6 - Changes from v1.3.5 beta3 below:
  • #18 Display switch/solenoid etc sensors
Of the added switch sensors, 8 are common to petrol/diesel engines, 39 specific to diesel engines, and 39 specific to petrol engines. Each individual engine only supports a subset of these though, around 10-20 on average. ECUTalk v1.3.5 beta6 can be downloaded from latest news post here: ECUTalk

1 - 20 of 23 Posts