Nissan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an interesting (if not rhetorical) question about how Nissan named their cars. All the numbers represent the displacement in liters of the engines under the hood (240Z -> 2.4L Inline 6, 240SX -> 2.4L Inline 4), but if the 200SX non SE-R models come with a 1.6L engine in it, why not call it the 160SX a la NX1600 and NX2000 fame? It's slightly misleading as far as I'm concerned. It's kind of late to change it all now but I always wondered why they didn't name it the 160SX instead of 200SX SE.

And yes, since the 200SX is a B14, it fits in this forum. Ha, gotcha.

·
Registered
672 Posts
yes that was always weird how they named it a 200sx when they had a 1.6 in there. now if you can just figure out whats up with sentra/sunny, altima/bluebird and maxima/cefiro.....:D

·
Please Shift Here
6,696 Posts
also the silvia is known as a 200sx in australia. which becomes confusing when comparing an austrilian 200sx to a us 200sx. I think they whould quit with the numbers and just call the car the same everywhere:

200sx would be Lucino 1.6 or Lucino 2.0
sentra would be Sunny 1.6 or 2.0
Altima would be the bluebird
240sx would be the Silvia

and so on

·
Registered
413 Posts
And wasn't the NX called a 100NX in Japan and only offered with the 1.6 litre? they did not offer it with a SR20. And Australia called it a NX-R, and so on.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
In other words it gets even more confusing outside the states. That's good to hear. :eek:

·
Registered
672 Posts
is it just me or does the terrano spound cooler than the pathfinder? ogh well, i wonder where i can find the diesel sr20 engines.....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts