Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi

I have a Nissan Sunny B13.

1) It give a Screeching sound when full turning
the steering. I guess it has someting to do with the Engine belt (The car
has only one belt). I want to know whether this is a serious problem.. the
sound does not come under normal circumstances... come only when turning
full.

2) The other problem is,,, it does not accelerate that much in the initial stages , but suddenly starts accelerating (even though acc pedal is applied same amount) ,,, and lot of vibration when the car is idlling..

3) Whass the best Reconditioned Shock absorbers to use in this model ?

Ideas are welcome

Thanks

·
Registered
50 Posts
mahens said:
Hi

full.

2) The other problem is,,, it does not accelerate that much in the initial stages , but suddenly starts accelerating (even though acc pedal is applied same amount) ,,, and lot of vibration when the car is idlling..

Ideas are welcome

Thanks
#1, the sound means that our power steering fluid is low, add some to it's full capacity, then if it still squeels, then it's the belt.
#2, you probably need to give it a good over all tune up, new plugs, wires. rotor button and cap.
#3, it depends on how much you want to spend.

·
Registered
146 Posts
smileyjuggalo said:
#1, the sound means that our power steering fluid is low, add some to it's full capacity, then if it still squeels, then it's the belt.
I had the same sound. Interestingly, I thought that always the sound from the power steering is from belts but after I add fluid the sound is gone. so add some fluid as advised.

·
My ass, your face
3,520 Posts
mahens said:
Hi

full.

Ideas are welcome

Thanks
1. check the power steering fluid...once u have determined if thats the problem or not, we can go from there

2. im not sure i understand this problem u have but it can be many things...timing comes to mind..so does a MAF problem, any CEL's?

3. They dont sell "reconditioned" schock absorbers here in the US for b13's...im not sure about your country, most people go for KYB AGX or KYB GR2's

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
cHoPs said:
1. check the power steering fluid...once u have determined if thats the problem or not, we can go from there

2. im not sure i understand this problem u have but it can be many things...timing comes to mind..so does a MAF problem, any CEL's?

3. They dont sell "reconditioned" schock absorbers here in the US for b13's...im not sure about your country, most people go for KYB AGX or KYB GR2's

Hi there,

Thanks for the answers :)
what do u mean "timing" in the answer for the second question. Whas MAF, whass CEL.. please Explain,, i am a newbie :(

I will give more insight in to the problem : its like this --> Even though the Accelerator is applied in a constant fashion, the car moves slowly intially (like constant velocity, no acceleration) and suddenly accelerates.

the power steering fluid is Ok I guess.. what can be the reson then?

Thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts