Nissan Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Altima 3.5 Automatic 2005
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Nissan Altima 3.5 2005 Code PO797 says Altima pressure control solenoid stuck open C.

I cannot find a picture of where this selenoid is located. I assume under the pan. But I don't know which one. Does anyone have a picture, please? I have searched the internet for hours. Code does come and go. Although I can tell when stuck as it does not have very much power on take off. Help thanks.

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
Nissan doesn't have a Valve Body layout in the FSM and the solenoids aren't supposed to be serviceable separately. However, assuming you can get a solenoid, you can identify Sol C by tracing the wires going to it, White and Orange. Those colors are at the tranny connector, the wires inside are all black. BUT (big but), there's very little chance a new solenoid will fix it. If the problem was electrical the TCM would be throwing P0795. P0797 means the solenoid coil is fine but the pressure isn't behaving, so the problem is most likely a worn out shuttle valve or shuttle bore causing the valve to stick. Chances are you'll need a Valve Body.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts