Nissan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi there

i have the above car and I got one original key with it.

the lock and unlock micro switches were not working when I got the car so I bought one of those sets where you get the new fob and microswitches and got an electrical engineer to solder them in.

still the key lock unlock does not work, so basically i put the key in the lock and the alarm goes off every time. I can stop it by putting the key into the ignition and turning the key to on, but not starting it, so the transponder still works and disables the immobiliser.

I dont have the budget to get a new programmed key from Nissan at a hundred odd pounds - how do I turn the alarm off?

I've read on ehow that removal of fuse 12 will disable the alarm, however my fuse box is at the front of the car and I cant see which one is number 12.

I have another box near the washer filler that may be connected but this is not a fuse box.

any ideas?

·
Registered
21 Posts
If you can't find fuse 12, you probably shouldn't be pulling fuses. You may throw the cars alarm off anyway and engage the immobilizer. You're gonna need the alarm. Because you're gonna have to just leave your doors unlocked unless you want the dang thing going off every time. That's the best you can do without buying a new key, or having the engineer put your key back the way it was.

Also, to post images, you're gonna need an image hosting site and post it via the link it will give you inside of forum related BB code. In this case, and in most, the syntax is [.img]insert link[./img] , without the dots inbetween. A popular one is imageshack, or tinyimg.

Another bet, would be trying to program the key FOB to the car. I was reading into it once, but I can't remember where. I know it's possible, though. It's worth a shot if anything.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
"If you can't find fuse 12, you probably shouldn't be pulling fuses".

thanks for those words of wisdom.

are you saying the order is left to right, or is the order top to bottom

·
Registered
21 Posts
I'm saying the diagram for the fuses should be on the cover the is placed on top of the fuse box. Hope my sarcasm didn't offend you.

There is no absolute way to know without owning the car myself. With you being in Scotland, so your profile says, your car can is entirely different from mine, an '02 Nissan Sentra.

If I'm not reading the question properly, and you're asking how the numbering is supposed to be, start with the top left, then count down. If there were 12 fuses in the first column, the bottom most fuse would be 12. The first fuse in the 2nd column would be 13.

That's how it is on cars here, in my experience. Worst case scenario, do it both ways. Count to the 12th fuse starting top to bottom, and left to right. Pull one at a time until you achieve the desired affect.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts