Nissan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a 05 spec-v , i went to the dealer and was ready to get my intake put on , and they said that it would void the waranty. Im a little sceptical of this , and i have only had the car for like a week. Has anyone had or know of any body that has had catastrophic engine failure in the qr25de? or are they very tough engines. Also , i don't know if nismo is the way to go. I was thinkin maybe jwt if they had one , but like i said i am askin for opinions.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I was told there is a law in Texas that to void the warranty they have to prove the part you put in caused a problem

·
Registered
871 Posts
1900 said:
I was told there is a law in Texas that to void the warranty they have to prove the part you put in caused a problem
the magnus something act, its the USA wide not just Texas. The long and short of it is that if you buy a cold air intake and anything related to the intake (IE: MAF, throtle body, ect) fails, the dealer will simply say "this was casued by your CAI".

My advise, if you want to mod it, go for it. Anytime you take it to the dealer for anything related to that mod, put it back to stock. My car goes to the dealer with its catback and coilovers, and k&n drop in... they cant void my ECU warrenty because I have a cat-back. Dealerships hate mods, in truth they may do nothing to the car, but it usually means the person drives hard. When you drive hard things tend to brake, they dont like that.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ya i heard about that , but i talked to the dealer and they said it would just automatically void the warranty. Maybe i should just go up there and raise some shit at ol' mr . bates. I buy alot of cars there , but anything they say i will get in writing , after all , they sell used cars to. :givebeer:

·