Nissan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys first post here,

I have a 02 Sentra GXE with struts that are making me crazy and the shocks are getting real tired.

I wanted to buy the NISMO strut kit. Simple, no mismatching problems, and matched springrate to efficient damping. Looks killer too.

BUT, would it fit? Has it been done? I looked around (google, narf) and didn't find anything that would tell me otherwise. Its the same chassis. Except some probable tack-on reinforcements to the SE-R platform, I wouldn't expect a problem. Thing is the GXE has a wider turning radius, but thats probably just due to a different rack or something and doesn't affect the platform right?

Oh yeah and I know that the spring rate would be a tad over for the 200lb lighter GXE, but I gotta go to bed and too lazy to do the math and anyway it would only result to a lesser drop.

Thanks!

-Marc

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Exactly what I thought, thanks for the confirmation! :)

Now the local canadian dealer wants 1600$ for it, it actually made the guy on the phone choke up a bit by surprise.

How much would it cost for the duties if I'd ordered from westcovinanissan, for example?

Any other suggestions for replacement suspension for that matter? I guess you could say I'm going for cheap.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I ended up ordering from Leeparts.com and they're arriving this Wednesday.

Hopefully It'll fit good, I'll keep you guys updated.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They finally came, got them installed today. For anyone that was wondering:

-Apparently the kit, since B15 specific, doesn't need an Alignment. Checked with my uncle (long time mechanic, he installed them with his lift) and the local Canadian Tire. Good for the wallet, and my time, even if I don't get how that can be right.

-I calculated the lift caused by the over-sprung coils due to the 200lb lighter body of the GXE...calculation's close (1-2 cm lift), but since my uncle didn't measure before and after I can't give you the real numbers. Still, I can see that it gave a healthy even circumference to the well (I run 16" 205/50s), so the drop could be close to 1/2~3/4 inch in the front (compared to the 1" on the SE-R)

-They are wicked sick.

On a side note, I have a question for you B15 guys: do you feel any mild-high road impacts through the steering column (noise and all) ? I would of thought that changing the shocks would fix it but it didn't. :mad:

I'll post up some pics if anyone's interested.

·
Registered
126 Posts
That sounds expensive.. you may just want to look into another quality company that makes those parts specifically for your car.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts