Nissan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before i start.. one note! if you are unsure about something.. SEARCH first.. i've come to learn that this Forum has almost every answer you need for your questions..

That being said! I should've searched first before i purchased an e-bay "TYPE-R" shiftknob.. it looks sweet! But it doesn't screw on directly to my 10MM shiftknob!

Anyway, i've learned that Nismo makes shiftknobs that screw on directly to my 98 200SX SE shiftknob.. i like the Titanium one.. it is abotu 100 bucks.. anyone know a better place or got a hookup?

Thank you

·
Banned
1,530 Posts
Check out the thread in this section. I know there are a few ebay sellers with ACTUAL nismo knobs for sale. I think it's at the bottom of this section....

Actually...here:

http://nissanforums.com/showthread.php?t=88961

Radio posted a couple......I actually bought one, just installed it (fits perfect) and got it within' 4 days.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Gimp said:
Check out the thread in this section. I know there are a few ebay sellers with ACTUAL nismo knobs for sale. I think it's at the bottom of this section....

Actually...here:

http://nissanforums.com/showthread.php?t=88961

Radio posted a couple......I actually bought one, just installed it (fits perfect) and got it within' 4 days.
Hey Gimp..

I've actually seen you post on that thread and followed that link before already.. i've gone to other sites and priced it.. just lookin to see if someone has a *special* place, for something cheaper.. e-bay ain't always the cheaptest

Thanks

·
Gotta Represent
403 Posts
i would personally not go with the titanium shifter, because it can get scolding hot in the summer, and really cold in the winter. you should go with a leather shift knob, because that stays temperate.

·
Wise Cracker
5,730 Posts
FYI the nice thing about the Nismo shift knobs is that they have a plastic insert that is not threaded, so when you screw it on the first time it threads the plastic to your shifter... I have the Black Anodized Nismo Knob and am thinking about changing it out for the Titanium Knob as it is weighted. Either way I like the Nismo product...

·
Banned
4,308 Posts
greddy also makes a counter weighted shift knob and it may be cheaper. (it seems anything nismo is very pricy) but the greddy is not a screw on it uses set screws.

many people hate set screws but i think (this is just a thought as i have never tryed this) if you make a "dimple" for one screw to sit in and use red or blue thread lock on the set screws it shouldnt move around at all. because the screw is inside the dimple it wont alow the knob to turn.

any takers? some one with a knob that has set screws willing to try this idea out and call me a dweeb if it dosent work? i know you want to call me a dweeb :cool:

·
[][][][][][][][][][]
415 Posts
i have a walmart shift knob that uses 3 screws. I cut my shifter so I have to use screws but all in all it stays on there very well. Most people try to fasten one screw all the way then do the other 2 without knowing thats the reason it slides off. you have to turn them all evenly until its snug then monstor torque them down.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
1.6pete said:
greddy also makes a counter weighted shift knob and it may be cheaper. (it seems anything nismo is very pricy) but the greddy is not a screw on it uses set screws.

many people hate set screws but i think (this is just a thought as i have never tryed this) if you make a "dimple" for one screw to sit in and use red or blue thread lock on the set screws it shouldnt move around at all. because the screw is inside the dimple it wont alow the knob to turn.

any takers? some one with a knob that has set screws willing to try this idea out and call me a dweeb if it dosent work? i know you want to call me a dweeb :cool:
I tried that Pete. The problem is that it seems to make the problem worse. There is no way if you keep the shifter in place that you will get that perfect angle where the screw will get in that dimple just right.. I've tried it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts