Nissan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am gonna have to save up for a couple months or so but i want to do my car out for bolt ons and so on with Nismo products. I think its safer to do so because they come with warranty from nismo and you can order everything through your dealer. Plus nissan installs the aftermarket parts and then its all covered. What i am geting at is are people happy with the nismo products they have and tested? and i have looked at the nismo headers and was wondering which one is more effective for power the one with or without the cat in it? and one more thing the nismo cat-back would it give off good sound or just sound quiet with a little kick.

Also the spec V gets a 175 or 180 hp (i have read different on reviews for hp total) because of its specially tuned exhaust...if and when i replace it with a aftermarket cat back set up will i gain or loose power because the exhaust is allready tuned well enough. Or the exhaust piping will just increase equaling more free flow equaling more power.

Sorry for so many questions...probally should of used the search feature too but dont have that much patience sometimes :rolleyes:

Jordan :)

·
Registered
455 Posts
Unless you have a bottomless wallet, I'd recommend spending the money on car events instead. Much more rewarding to learn about becoming a better driver, having fun and meeting other car nuts while becoming one with your car (at high speeds!). But, if you can afford both, go for it. There's nothing wrong with a sweet sounding exhaust note and a little more horsepower.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Spec V 03(Nismo) said:
I am gonna have to save up for a couple months or so but i want to do my car out for bolt ons and so on with Nismo products. I think its safer to do so because they come with warranty from nismo and you can order everything through your dealer. Plus nissan installs the aftermarket parts and then its all covered. What i am geting at is are people happy with the nismo products they have and tested? and i have looked at the nismo headers and was wondering which one is more effective for power the one with or without the cat in it? and one more thing the nismo cat-back would it give off good sound or just sound quiet with a little kick.

Also the spec V gets a 175 or 180 hp (i have read different on reviews for hp total) because of its specially tuned exhaust...if and when i replace it with a aftermarket cat back set up will i gain or loose power because the exhaust is allready tuned well enough. Or the exhaust piping will just increase equaling more free flow equaling more power.

Sorry for so many questions...probally should of used the search feature too but dont have that much patience sometimes :rolleyes:

Jordan :)
i have the nismo cai headers and exhaust. the nismo headers w/out the cat will give more power. and the exhaust is not raspy sounding it does not sound like a can of bumble bees is goingdown the road. it is not loud from the beginning either. but when u get past 3k it does get rather loud but sounds awesome. it is the best exhaust systems i have ever heard. no riceyness. and it will add horsepower and torque, not sure how much exactually but nissan says 4whp 5.5 torque. and even tho i have the cai headers and exhaust my warrenty is till fully intact. but i have also had them install everything to keep it that way. luckily i worked for coggin and got a discount. hope this helps you!
Josh

·
PB JELLY TIME!
1,484 Posts
If you have the money, Nismo is very good. But you can get the same thing, perhaps better, with less money. A quality aftermarket header can be had for as low as 160 shipped, while the average header will be like 250, much less than the nismo.

The stock exhaust is not specially tuned, as it is the same for the non spec v model. An aftermarket exhaust will gain you a bit of power, and will sound better with an aftermarket header.

Also, dont get the nismo header with a cat. Even that cat has had problems of breaking up and breaking your engine, plus it gives you less power.

Depending on your dealership, they dont care if you had mods. Especially if that mod didnt cause the problem. Dont think because you are getting nismo, you will keep your warranty, as explained in the thread from chimmike. Other dealerships will be dicks about anything, and try to blame the problem on your mods. If you are modding your car, you really shouldnt think too much about your warranty, because youre changing the properties of your car in a way that could lessen its overal life.

·