that's nice

As you quoted me in your first post here:

S-tune parts maintain warranty, R-tune parts do NOT maintain warranty

end of story.

·
Tune it
504 Posts
FatBoy4 said:
Well my source was from Automax Nissan here in Oklahoma City.
The manager of the service department.
I would go for it if they're saying that at your dealership BUT "cover your ass."

1)Type up a document that says no Nismo parts will viod warranty.. etc...

2)Bring it up there and have him sign it WITH A WITNESS.... a notary would work best.

3)Buy all the Nismo stuff and Tear Some Ass.

If they second guess at any of those points then it's like everyone else says and has been told. I think they are just trying to take you for a sucker and sell some parts OR maybe they're just ignorant themselves. I tell you though if they are wrong and you have the cams, header w/out cat. etc. and you say "he said I could" when they turn you down for repairs, I promise you will be on your own.

Which is what everyone is trying to save you from.

·
Pimpin the BigDaddyMobile
486 Posts
Thats kewl and all but no they are trying to take me for a sucker.
I know these poeople very well. Our shop gets over a million dollars a year from them.
We do all of the Audio/Video and Tint installs

ittamaticstatic said:
I would go for it if they're saying that at your dealership BUT "cover your ass."

1)Type up a document that says no Nismo parts will viod warranty.. etc...

2)Bring it up there and have him sign it WITH A WITNESS.... a notary would work best.

3)Buy all the Nismo stuff and Tear Some Ass.

If they second guess at any of those points then it's like everyone else says and has been told. I think they are just trying to take you for a sucker and sell some parts OR maybe they're just ignorant themselves. I tell you though if they are wrong and you have the cams, header w/out cat. etc. and you say "he said I could" when they turn you down for repairs, I promise you will be on your own.

Which is what everyone is trying to save you from.

·
Friends of ours...
1,348 Posts
Warranty work is all about the individual dealer. They CAN work on your car and sneak warranty work past Nissan if they WANT. But the R tune vs. S tune parts list is a way to give the dealer an out.

R Tune basically means that they CAN and probably will void your warranty. The best way to get the dealer on your side is to drop your car off with a $20 bill in your hand for the service guy.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Don't know if this means anything, but I just bought my 04 Spec, and I had he dealer install nismo cams/header w cat/cat back exhaust/pads/springs + struts/Rear Sway Bar/Front Strut Bar/Cold Air Intake. And unless they are doing somthing special, they said that my car is still under full mfr's warranty.

Also, I know for a fact that there is a federal law that mandate's a dealer must prove that the specific mod you installed caused the defect. Otherwise they must honor the mfr's warranty. Then there is also the theroy of "mod-friendly" dealers. For example there is a honda dealer in my area that always is sponsoring tuner shows, and races, and they don't really care what you do they still cover all my friends civics. And as a side note, make friends with some of the guys at your dealer, you'd be suprised how much easier things become :thumbup:

·
Not Anymore.
5,014 Posts
reticle said:
Don't know if this means anything, but I just bought my 04 Spec, and I had he dealer install nismo cams/header w cat/cat back exhaust/pads/springs + struts/Rear Sway Bar/Front Strut Bar/Cold Air Intake. And unless they are doing somthing special, they said that my car is still under full mfr's warranty.

Also, I know for a fact that there is a federal law that mandate's a dealer must prove that the specific mod you installed caused the defect. Otherwise they must honor the mfr's warranty. Then there is also the theroy of "mod-friendly" dealers. For example there is a honda dealer in my area that always is sponsoring tuner shows, and races, and they don't really care what you do they still cover all my friends civics. And as a side note, make friends with some of the guys at your dealer, you'd be suprised how much easier things become :thumbup:
Some dealers may say otherwise...but you shouldnt have any problems since you went all NISMO. Always a good way to go for power and reliability. Sounds like you have a very sweet ride. :thumbup: :cheers:

·
Banned
115 Posts
SentraMike02 said:
No no no...you misunderstood. Obvioulsy I saw the first post if I bothered posting here to begin with. I meant a list of parts (cai, tb's,intake manifolds, etc...), not just the type of part (S or R tunining type). I just purchased a 02 GKE with a 7yr/70,000 mile warranty and I don't want to jeopardize that.

-Michael
only hp gain ur goin to get is the nismo cat-back exhaust w/o voidin the warranity..a whole 4.5 hp gain

·
Registered
11 Posts
I'm not really good and all with know what parts and such are on cars (but I'm more than willing to learn) and I'm trying to get some info on this car I'll be picking up in the next week or so. Here's a pic of the engine:
I know there's a front strut bar on it (kinda dark, forgot to hit the flash) but can anyone tell me what about the intake from just looking. I'm not sure if that was installed aftermarket or what and the guy at the dealership (buying it used from a Chevy dealership) doesn't seem to know too much about it. Just trying to find out what the car has so I know what my options are as far buying things for it in the future. Thanx in advance! Here are more pics, hope they help.

·