Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Powered By hopes & dreams
8,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, since this issue has come up a bunch of times, I'm going to set the record straight:

Nismo parts, in general, do not ALL maintain factory warranty.

Fact:
S-tune parts maintain warranty.

R-tune parts DO NOT maintain warranty! These are parts like the header, rear sway bar, etc.

The Nismo parts are of high quality, and do produce useable gains and power. Using all Nismo is not a bad way to go at all.

·
Registered
152 Posts
But I also heard that Nismo parts are often alot more expensive than their aftermarket equivalents. In your opinion, do you feel they're worth the extra cash? (not trying to be sarcastic. Honest question.)

·
8,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the build quality is on par with Hotshot and other quality manufacturers. If people want peace of mind, I'd say it's worth it.

also, with some good searching on the net, you can get the nismo parts for really good prices! especially with our vendor, Quality Nissan, Greg Vogel is the parts manager.

·
Not Anymore.
5,014 Posts
Im no expert on the NISMO parts but S tune parts are less mean. They unclude exaust, thicker sway bar, and a suspension kit (they have floor mats a decals and what not too but I am talking performance.) R Tune is heavier...FPR, CAI, Header (w/ and w/ out a cat), brake pads, rear sway bar and my personal favorite...cams, mmmmmmm. Hope this site helps.--Zac

http://www.courtesyparts.com/nismo/b15/

·
8,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
only the suspension parts will work on the gxe, none of the power mods, i.e. intake, header, cams, etc.

·
Not Anymore.
5,014 Posts
well floor mats would too :) And everybody needs a NISMO coffee mug.

Is NISMO designs for the 1.8 going to surface anytime soon. I have seen advertisement for SR20 NISMO parts but not the 1.8 yet.

·
Tune it
504 Posts
All I ever herd from john the perts guy at don davis is that the header and cams would void warranty and all the other R-Tune stuff wouldn't. Never actually asked him about the sway bars though. If any one was really you should type something up and have the manager in the service dept sign it to cover your ass.

·
Registered
7 Posts
It would be nice for (or if someone knew) to post something which explained the aftermarket products that WILL and WILL NOT void the warranty.

Just my .02,
-Michael

·
Registered
152 Posts
SentraMike02 said:
It would be nice for (or if someone knew) to post something which explained the aftermarket products that WILL and WILL NOT void the warranty.

Just my .02,
-Michael

Michael, please look at the first post that chimmike bothered to post for all of us here. S-Tune: maintains warranty, R-Tune: does not maintain warranty.

·
Registered
7 Posts
GarrettSER said:
Michael, please look at the first post that chimmike bothered to post for all of us here. S-Tune: maintains warranty, R-Tune: does not maintain warranty.
No no no...you misunderstood. Obvioulsy I saw the first post if I bothered posting here to begin with. I meant a list of parts (cai, tb's,intake manifolds, etc...), not just the type of part (S or R tunining type). I just purchased a 02 GKE with a 7yr/70,000 mile warranty and I don't want to jeopardize that.

-Michael

·
Registered
152 Posts
SentraMike02 said:
No no no...you misunderstood. Obvioulsy I saw the first post if I bothered posting here to begin with. I meant a list of parts (cai, tb's,intake manifolds, etc...), not just the type of part (S or R tunining type). I just purchased a 02 GKE with a 7yr/70,000 mile warranty and I don't want to jeopardize that.

-Michael
AH, gotcha. There is something called the Magnuson (sp?) car act that, when summed up, basically means that a car manufacturer must honor a vehicle with aftermarket products as long as THE PROBLEM WAS NOT CAUSED BY THAT PRODUCT. For example, if you install a cold air intake, and you blow a head gasket, your covered. But if you install a cold air intake and your mass air flow sensor gets damaged, YOU have to pay for it.

Am I making sense? I'm not trying to be a smartass, I know its a little confusing.

·