Nissan Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I have been hearing all of the SE-R boys talking about what Nismo is going to release for the QR, but I have not heard anything about if/what they will release for the SR20DE engine. ANyone hear anything.

Now I'm not hoping for a forced induction kit (Like most of the SE-R kiddies are) because the truth of the matter is VERY FEW of us would be able to afford it (Sam goes for the SE-R owners). NAmely I would look for some basic bolt-ons. The thing that interests me the most would be a header. Sure it would be upwards of $1000 more than likely, but atleast if it cracks I would be covered.

·
Registered
154 Posts
They have. Go to a dealership and pick up the catolouge. They have turbo parts, exhaust, flywheels, lsd's, clutches, ad22 brake upgrade, and a few other things.

-Mike

·
Registered
154 Posts
Wait, I just looked at your thread again. You say your refering to spec v owners, but your asking about stuff for the sr20? Im confused.

·
B13 Owner since 90
134 Posts
Just came from Cerritos Nissan Parts and i see a KA24 Header hanging in the background so i ask the parts guys "is it a Hotshot?" he tells me that Nissan Motorsports made a deal with DC Sports (yes, that Honda Header only company) to make the Nissan Motorsports Headers for the KA and the SR20.
WOW! :eek: hmmm , can someone verify this?

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I was under the impression that Nissan Motor sports an Nismo are two different things.

·
Registered
21 Posts
i dun see what all the fuss is about
altho it would be nice to have more companys make stuff for the usdm fwd SR20, the companys that are out there do more than their fairshare. the companys who do make parts for our cars are proven companys who sell u dyno proven products and don't try to rip anyone off with trying to sell a name or a product that really sux. (except stillen maybe)
so altho the aftermarket is not huge, it is adequate.
and if i owned a honda, i would not buy from a lot of the companys that make parts for their cars anyways. (DC, Ractive, etc...)

·
Registered
379 Posts
cburwell said:
I was under the impression that Nissan Motor sports an Nismo are two different things.
They are. Nissan Motor Sports has been around for a long time in the US and offers mostly other manufacturers items (Clutchmasters, Borla, etc.) and some Nissan goods (like the SR20 turbo manifold) straight from the factory. NISMO is Nissan's official performance brand.

L

·
0 Posts
I am attempting to get or make a Header that is 2into1 For duels all the way to the muffler! for the sr20

·
Registered
379 Posts
LowCloud said:
I am attempting to get or make a Header that is 2into1 For duels all the way to the muffler! for the sr20
Let's get this straight. You want to go from 4 primaries to 2 secondaries that run all the way to the muffler?

If I figured out just what you meant, by doing this you will be creating negative back pressure and not taking advantage of exhaust scavaging. What would the benefits be? Unless of course you are boosting then this may be good.

D

·
0 Posts
bad idea

if the plan is to make a pair of 2-1 header for a four cylinder, four stroke engine, there will be several back pressure issues in an NA engine and some plumbing issues in a forced induction engine.
a better way to go is to have a 4-1 header [better top end performances or top speed. 4-2-1 headers get you more torque or more wheelspin at launch] with 1 1/2" or 1 5/8" primaries that runs to a 4-inch collector pipe. that should run about 12" or so to a short (10") resonator that splits the 4" to two 2" or 2 1/2" pipes. from there you can run the same diameter pipe to your stainless "cherry bomb" type sport mufflers. that will give you a good bass drone, not too sharp but very loud at redline.
where i live we don't have emissions laws, so no cat-converter comes into play here.
a less restrictive set up will be straight pipes from the resonator that come out before the rear wheels [detroit iron stylee]. very, very loud. will get you around 10 extra horsies.
however, the basic problems with dual exhaust systems are the extra weight and the routing ofthe pipes. that latter is exacerbated by lowering. ever seen a hump in the road? got a steep driveway? it will always rub. [you get used to it]
the best bet for performance is to run a 4" collector to a 2 1/2" to 3" pipe into a free-flow/racing muffler. loud, but worth 10+HP.
Basic rule of thumb: less weigh and less restriction equals better performance.
[for those wondering, my dad ran a muffler factory till I was 18 and I put up my first system when I was 12. Built my first extractors/header when I was 16.]

1 - 15 of 15 Posts