Nissan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it normal for the cam shaft to be some what noisy on the ka motors thanx.

·
Tarmac Terrorist
272 Posts
240sxs1377 said:
Is it normal for the cam shaft to be some what noisy on the ka motors thanx.
Mine makes lots of clicking and clacking noises.
It is sometimes annoying, but I don't find that it affects the performance of my car any, she is stock and I can still spin the tires in third gear...Make sure you got lots a fluid in the engine, you might want to get the timing tensioners checked!

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did yours do that when you bought it? and how many miles are on your car?
Thanx for the reply

·
Tarmac Terrorist
272 Posts
240sxs1377 said:
Did yours do that when you bought it? and how many miles are on your car?
Thanx for the reply
It had a little click when I bought it, but it has gotten worse.
I had it diagnosed as either the Timing Chain, Tensioner, or the Cam Gears.
I'm just too cheap to replace any of that, especially when I plan on scrapping the engine for an RB20DET before the end of the year.
I have 216,000 KMs on it.

·
KA24DET
1,000 Posts
Mine started out with no click, with only 91k miles on the engine. After 5 months and 2k more miles, a serious click evolved and degraded into all out grinding. This turned out to be the timing chain guide, which in my case had unfortunately completely severed from the block and started grinding around in the timing chain housing. Do NOT let yours get this bad! Timing chain as well as tensioner was completely ruined. DaCheat, you should open the valve cover and remove the tensioner (it is completely useless) as soon as possible. This click can lead to a problem that can total your engine, as it did mine.
I fixed it, but it was a huge biatch, and the chain and tensioner were like $100.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts