Nissan Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any one know where I can get a quality input shaft bearing? I was running at the track Thursday night and when I shifted from 1st to 2nd I heard this nasty grind/snap noise from the transmission. Aparently my input shaft bearing grenaded causing my input shaft to wiggle around tearing out my transmission seal and my rear oil seal on the engine. Needless to say It wont hold fluids nor will the clutch hold while well lubed up. I need to find quality replacement parts to prevent this from happening again later. I have replaced the input shaft bearing before because of it coming apart, so I am hesitant to go back to the dealer. Any suggestions??

·
Will work for beer
2,696 Posts
only suggestion I have is to start looking into industrial grade high load/high rpm bearings.
the ones in the Maxima are pretty stout to begin with, but only designed for around 6000rpm.. at least they were in my 3rd gen- and the 4th gens use the same internals as we do, IIRC.

you can check around to some bearing supply places and get the bearings probably cheaper from the dealer, but you're probably not going to find anything more heavy duty unless you're willing to do some mathine work.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts